"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Operation Esther - Food

Operation Esther - Food

So I've joined WeightWatchers again.

Now while I'm not going to broadcast my current weight across the blogsphere, I will tell you that I am 5'10 and want to get my BMI into the normal/ healthy range. So at the upper limit that is 170lbs or just over 12st. 

I don't think I've been 12 stone since I was like, 16! But hey ho, it's all in the name of good health and a healthy heart.

So on the Weightwatchers plan I have 23 points to work with each day, which is not too bad once you start to plan ahead. The worse thing is discovering how many points some of your favourite foods have. For example I love ASDA's white chocolate and strawberry muffins, but at 9 points a pop, it's just not worth it. A 'healthier' alternative is a blueberry muffin from Tesco, which is only 4 points.

I tried a 'low fat' blueberry muffin the other day and it just wasn't the same. I've always had the rational that if I'm going to have a cake or chocolate, I would much prefer to have the real thing (in a smaller portion) and enjoy it, rather than the low fat alternative. Plus it tastes so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...