"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Baby names and menus

Baby names and menus

Just popping in to say hi! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Ours was good but went far too quickly. I spent Sunday with a group of church mums and mums-to-be talking babies, pregnancy, labour and marriage. It was great to be able to ask questions and hear other people’s experiences about life on the other side! Hubs was doing the same with the dads in another location.

Can you believe it I’m now in the final trimester – woo! This is the final stretch and as each day passes I can’t wait to meet our little one. We’ve been praying about names and we’re pretty much there, but it remains top secret until she is born. We also just love sitting and watching her move around in my belly, which is a lot a the moment. As I commented on Facebook, watching your belly move on it own is both awesome and weird! But I love it!

Right now I definitely ‘feel’ pregnant. Backache is no joke and I find I can only sit down or stand up for short intervals of time and there is still 13 weeks to go! My body feels so heavy and I’m finding that I get a lot more exhausted which I expected would happen but it still takes adjusting to.

Home wise, I think I’ve finally found my routine. We now have a menu which we follow and it makes meal times so much easier. I know the best shops to go to for our food items and I’m also trying to make big meals at the weekend which we can eat in the week and for lunch at work, so this reduces the amount of nights I have to cook.  I’m so looking forward to next year where I will have the opportunity to be at home full time with baby and experiment more with my culinary skills (more ‘In my kitchen’ posts)  and crafty abilities (my sewing machine is on standby!) It will be a big change to life right now, but I am so ready for it.

I will also be updating the vlogs this week as well, so look out for weeks 26 and 27 very soon.

Have a great week ahead!

8 comments:

  1. You are almost there!!! God is your strength!
    Im not familiar with the maternity leave in the U.K. Do you get a whole year off???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I've been away from blogville (on maternity leave myself) so I didn't know you were expecting. That's really great. I'm happy for you and glad to hear that everything is progressing well :)
    Enjoy this special time, and make the most of your alone time with hubby. Get plenty of sleep too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every country has a better maternity leave policy than the USA! You are so blessed to get to spend all that time with your sweet baby girl! Is she going to have a native name, an english name or both?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anon - yes you can take up to one year off here in the UK.

    @Favoured Girl - I didn't know you had a baby as well - congrats! Thanks for the advice, will definitely be doing that!

    @Amy - yes we're doing one of each, but she will most likely go by her native name because we really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. closer than when you first started.God will continue to strengthen u.
    infact the joy u experience now is nothing compared to the joy when the baby arrives...its inexplicable.YOu will have a reason to look forward to each day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last lap already? The Lord is your strength. Rest plenty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the rest, get as much sleep as you can! (I understand its hard, I'm in my 3rd tri as well) but naps are golden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, a friend just recommended your blog to me cos you're preggy too! Congrats!
    I'm due mid next month myself! :-) so we're almost there, just hang in there and take it one day at a time... That's what I'm doing too!

    See you around!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...