"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Love don't cost a thing

Love don't cost a thing

I came across this blog the other day in my daily reading. This Bride is asking people to make donations in order for her to pay for her wedding. Interesting!

It does make you wonder what is important - the marriage or the wedding?

Now whilst the idea is not exactly original (those of you who have read Save Karyn, will be aware of the concept) it's interesting that someone has applied it to planning a wedding. At first I thought genius, then I thought, 'actually what is the day about'. Surely the focus should be on the marriage, not the flowers, the centre pieces, the favours or the dress.

I have male friends who are delaying proposing to their other halves because they can't afford 'that' ring she wants or couples putting off getting married because they can't afford all the associated frills. Surely that's not what is important - last time I checked 'love don't cost a thing'.

In all honesty you could plan a wedding in a week if you wanted to (if not sooner) and also spend very little, it all depends on what you want. As I've always said, your wedding is as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. Check out this blog for a couple who planned their wedding with just two thousand dollars.! Yes it can be done, you just need to decide what's important for you.

So folks what's important and what are YOU focusing on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...