"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: In my kitchen: Banana Cake

In my kitchen: Banana Cake

How you can go from this:
over-ripe-banana
to this:
P1050897
Let’s just say this was the most amazing cake I have ever made. Didn’t realise bananas in cake could be so yummy!

This is a great way to use over ripe bananas which you don’t want to eat, but don’t want to waste.

Ingredients
4oz butter or margarine
6oz sugar (granulated, caster, or mix in some demerara, whatever you have to hand)
8oz self raising flour
2 eggs
2 large or 3 medium, very ripe bananas

Instructions

  1. Heat the oven to gas mark 4; 180C
  2. Grease a 2lb loaf tin*
  3. Mash the bananas with a sturdy fork.
  4. Cream the butter and sugar together and mix in the eggs
  5. Mix together the two yellow sludges you now have.
  6. Mix in the flour.
  7. Scrape into the loaf tin and bake for 40 minutes then lower the temperature to gas mark 2; 150C and cook for a further 30 minutes.
  8. Try to let it cool (turned out on a rack) before you devour it.
* I split my cake mixture between a loaf tin and an ordinary cake tin, as I thought it would be too much for the loaf tin. I needn’t have worried as all it would have done, was create a bigger cake. Next time I will put all in one tin.
Recipe kindly borrowed from here.

4 comments:

  1. When I have some ripe bananas I will definitely try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, those seem like plantain? Just want to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely banana. I had to google the top picture as I forgot to take a picture of my own bananas, but the recipe is with banana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic, will be trying this with my daughter over the Christmas hols. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...