"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Essentials

Essentials

So I am feeling much better. Way better!

It’s amazing how much a cold can knock you down and being pregnant made it ten times worse, but thank you all for your prayers, I am now back to ‘normal’*.

The past few weeks, we have been doing a lot of planning for the future, budgets and such like. With maternity leave on the horizon we thought it would good to see what the world would look like post baby. Alongside that we’re moving house next month {flat to house}, which I am really excited about, so have been planning for that as well. Having a flat has been fun and is definitely cosy but there is not enough storage space. One year on, we still have wedding gifts in boxes as there is nowhere to put them. In addition we don’t currently have space for a dining table, so I’m looking forward to getting one, lots of family meals around the table!

Day to day, I’m finding pregnancy rather interesting. On one hand I am completely in awe of how a human being can grow inside another. Each week we read our pregnancy updates and are amazed at what baby is doing that week {for those of you interested our baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb!}. The constant nausea like feeling is always there now and tiredness has become a way of life.

I am enjoying my new body shape as it changes with each week. No longer do I have to worry about holding in my stomach lol! I have decided to embrace my shape and no longer worry about the scales. I also used to have a sweet tooth in a very big way, but now sweet things give me a really horrible aftertaste, so I avoid at all costs. My favourite things now are savoury and spicy and the hotter the better! Oh and I LOVE water. I liked it before but now I crave it all the time and pop in a couple of ice cubes = heaven!

We’ve starting to think about what things we will need for baby and boy is there a lot out there. Planning for a baby is very much like planning for a wedding. There are things you need to have and then there are things which are nice to have, but if you don’t have them you would still get married and have a good wedding. It’s the same when looking at baby things. There are masses of baby gear out there, half of which are targeted at the parent rather than baby and the baby companies are very good at telling you what things you must have, otherwise you’re deemed a bad parent for not wanting the best for your child!

We’re very much have the school of thought that we want the best for our child/ren, but will they really know the difference between a crib from John Lewis or a crib from Argos or even Gumtree! For some things we will go brand new, others we won’t.

Those of you who have had children, what approach did you take and what things did you deem essential for baby?

*still dealing with nausea, tiredness and a permanent weird taste in my mouth

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your feeling better.
    I also love your way of thinking...I learn so much from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Copying Niki's words. How can you tell what the baby is doing every week? Wow, that's interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUH? Did you say spicy? Its amazing how pregnant ladies crave for the most unusual of things.. lol
    God will see you through Mrs E :)

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...