"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Solitary happiness

Solitary happiness

happy cup

So we had our 16 week check up today, which went fine. I have a rather ‘normal’ pregnancy in as much as that everything is as it should be, my stats are fine, the baby is good and my symptoms seem to be in line with the norm, none of which I am complaining about.

Afam and I have started to come to the realisation that while our healthcare professionals are good, they don’t share the same level of excitement we do regarding our baby. We could happily talk for hours on end about symptoms, what size the baby is, how our lives will change upon arrival…but you go for your appointments and they are very sterile. Not rude or anything, but just sterile. Maybe they’ve seen it all before and I’m like the 25th pregnant woman they’ve seen that day. However you expect something, a little bit of excitement.

I remember when we went to the doctor to get our pregnancy confirmed, the nurse was so clinical, no congratulations, no enthusiasm etc. The irony was that it was someone I know, so I thought it would be different. But we got nothing.

Maybe that’s how people are these days.

Anywhoo, you can’t beat grandmothers who are excited at every little pregnancy detail  you tell them.

Have a great weekend!

Image {source}

4 comments:

  1. Its like you said they've seen it all before its not new to them. Doesn't make them bad or anything. Leave it to your family and friends to be excited for you. I tell you now that even your fourth pregnancy will not get the same excitement from yourself as your first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chichi

    Aww I feel so sad that you had that experience with the doctor & nurses, you deserve happiness whether it your first baby or last baby, it's not bad for doctors to say CONGRATULATIONS with a cordial smile!!! Hang in tight and don't let anyone steal your JOY,this is your time, soak in the happiness of it all with your spouse hand family members around you. But seriously if you feeling uncomfortable with the nurse or doctor you seeing, I would use another one knowing It's my baby and body they are dealing with, you have many options in the UK, think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may sound harsh but its not intended to. The world won't stop all because ur pregnant.
    Ther are miillions of couples right now crying out to get pregnant but not able to, you on the other hand are pregnant You have ur loved ones and even this blog to give u all the congrats u want. Maybe its like what u said, ur the 25th pregnant woman they saw that day and the millionth pregnant woman they have alredy seen in there career. Maybe the doctor goes home to a wife everyday struggling to get pregnant or the nurse u know has either miscarried a baby herself or has someone close to her who has or has just buried a child they only had 5 years with. My point is why dwell on the minor things.
    As long as you trust them enough to care for you well and deliver ur baby thats all that matters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your comments.

    I appreciate the world does not stop because I am now pregnant but there is a difference between someone treating you politely and professional and someone not caring.

    Whether it is my first or third child, every experience is important will be important to me and you want to ensure you are getting the best care every time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...