"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Missing other people's weddings

Missing other people's weddings

Two words...It sucks.

This weekend is the wedding of one of Mr E's childhood friends and next weekend is the wedding of one of my work colleagues.

Both couples came to our wedding, but unfortunately we are not able to attend theirs due to moving house.

What does one do in these situations? We will still be giving them gifts but it's not really the same, is it?

Anyone else been in the same boat, what did you do?

p.s. To E + K who got married today - Congratulations! We're so sorry we can't be there. We hope your day was wonderful and we wish you many wonderful married years ahead.

signature

3 comments:

  1. Great to read from you, how have you been? I hate missing people's wedding, today was my bestie girlfriend wedding in Atlanta, I couldn't attend due to life matter....I owe her big time, just apologized but am planning on doing something for her when she has kids , something that will blow her mind away. Apologize but with a plan B for the couple...it should work, something sincere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before the last wedding I attended before my travel to Nigeria, I've missed countless number weddings; either because I was geographically distant from the venue or something else came up on the days... The thing to do is to sincerely apologise.

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would send them a gift and write a heartfelt letter in a card wishing them a happy married life and letting them know that you regret not being able to attend. then after they have had time to settle into being married i would give them a call to chat and catch up. i think they will appreciate your thoughtfullness!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...