"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: World Cup Wedding

World Cup Wedding

world cup logo

So the World Cup kicks off today. Go Super Eagles!

Women around the world will not see or hear from their men for one month! I for one know how much Mr E loves footie, so post wedding life will be interesting!

When the 26th June was chosen for our wedding, the World Cup was not one of the things we considered, but maybe it should have been.

Get this:

Nigeria is in Group B

England is in Group C

If Nigeria come second in their group, which is a possibility, they will playing a match at 3pm GMT that day.

If England come first in their group, which again is a big possibility, they will be playing a match at 7:30pm GMT that day.

How much influence it will have the day {at least for the men}, I don’t know, but I guess we’ll have to see how the games pan out.

Are you looking forward to the World Cup in your household?

Signature

7 comments:

  1. LOLLL. If Nigeria is playing on that day I guess it might affect his thoughts during the reception when everyone is dancing.

    The church wedding is so beautiful that he'll be focused on his bride, don't worry about that one. It's the reception I'm wondering about.

    Yes, I and hubby are looking forward to the world cup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I guess that's your cue to have a World Cup viewing section at your reception then. And tell the minister in church to hurry with his sermon (if there'll be any).

    Kidding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one else is singing a different song...

    we're talking universal language here...

    He'll be overwhelmed for sure, no time for football briefly, on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - Now, when they say women think a lot, this is a pointer.

    I will not lie to you, the influence will be much if he's a man like me. I don't hear anything else when I am watching soccer. nothing else arouses me at such times. May God help us men o. That's how we're wired sha.

    _ LDP

    ReplyDelete
  5. If Nigeria is playing on that day, perhaps the good luck charm of your wedding will be extended to the eagles because their last game was... tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guests will likely be checking updates on their smart phones throughout the day, but besides that the focus will be on you and your honey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My guess is he won't have a moment to think about the World Cup unless someone brings it up. I think some die-hard fans will definitely be checking the scores on their phone. If there's a tv anywhere on the premises, the menfolk will find it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...