"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Showers and Coolers

Showers and Coolers

You know when you start a week off with the best intentions, but then everything goes to pot? That was me last week. I had all these posts planned about our invites, Bridal Shower et al but my week got away from me and other things seemed more relevant to blog about. But hey, we’re here now!

So onto my bridal shower.

Two words. Fun and Relevant. Fun because it was great to see all my old church friends again and catch up and relevant because I took away lots of useful stuff. It was also the hottest day of the year, yet and I think I almost melted due to the heat!

Main things I took away…

There are three words needed in every relationship: “Please”, “Thank you” and “I’m sorry’. They go a long way in appreciating and honouring one another.

Have a heart of hospitability and don’t be afraid of welcoming people into your home {especially at short notice}, this is the Nigerian way.

Have a clean home at all times, at least a home which if someone showed up at short notice, you wouldn’t be embarrassed about or have to run around cleaning.

Be a woman of prayer

There is nothing wrong in dropping hints, men are not mind readers

Know what is expected of you culturally and adhere to it when you’re with your in-laws {this was useful for me, I got the Igbo lowdown}

Build a good relationship with your mother in law

I also got some lovely gifts but my favourite one was a cooler. I’ve always been in awe of the Aunties who can make the gorgeous jollof rice which they bring to functions in their coolers. I’m now been officially part of the ‘women who cook at church’ club – cooler in tow!

This weekend I found out that I have another shower in about ten days time, hosted by the women of OFNC so I’m looking forward to that!

Here’s a pic from the day.

Bridal Shower

My momma, me and Pastor’s wife.

25 days to go…

Signature

9 comments:

  1. Yes o, you cannot call yourself a woman (in african culture) until you have your first blender and cooler. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that photo! How pretty do you look with your cute sash. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your natural beauty is inspiring. It's refreshing to see someone who isn't bleaching their skin.

    All the best on your wedding day and your future together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with Naijalines, was actually thinking the same thing...don't know why I didn't say it then...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all look pretty...

    Have a wonderful wedding...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't agree more with most of these points - esp. the first one! It is so easy to slip, but so important not to.

    When I was younger and I 'forgot' to tidy my room, my Mum would ask ' are you awaiting the queen - is that when you will rush to tidy' - so so true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol, very well said, add to the list, Mrs, Madam, Oga, .lol

    Hope all is going well, been a while girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bride to be! I can just see you totting a cooler full of jollof rice to a naija party :-) Don't forget to write your name in permanent marker on the cooler so that it will come back to you and not someone else after the many future naija parties you will surely bring rice too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...