"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Changes

Changes

I love being married.

There is just something about looking across a room at another human being, knowing that you are together, forever and whatever happens, it just the two of you…against the world.

Hello world...meet my husband. I love him very much.

P1020541

Our mini-moon is officially over as Mr E is back to work today, but I return on Monday, so I’m spending the next couple of days finishing off wedding stuff {will it ever end}, sifting through cards and gifts and writing my new signature on official documents!

Now that Mr E is back to work, we are no longer in the same place as Mr E got himself a new job back in May which resulted in him relocating to London. I am still in Birmingham and we’re trusting God that I will be able to transfer down there as soon as possible as it’s no fun not being in the same place as your husband! I am awaiting the results of an interview I had just before I left for the wedding, so please keep me in your prayers for success.

The week leading up to Saturday was a roller coaster of emotion and stress which culminated in me spending the night before the wedding in A&E, having experienced a panic attack and collapsing. Up until that point I had been relatively calm about everything, at least outwardly but I guess my body knew best and decide to shut down to ensure I got some proper rest.

It was not quite how I envisaged the night before the wedding but my sister spent the night with me when I got home and I woke up on Saturday morning really rested. God is good!  The unfortunate thing is that it did throw our plans out in the morning as I didn’t stay overnight in the hotel, resulting in me being late, which I really didn’t want to be.

Squeezing in a World Cup update…God does move in mysterious ways. Nigeria didn’t qualify and England came second in their group and played on Sunday, so in the end we experienced no World Cup interference!

wife bank blog

Post wedding, things feel different. Things are different. I am the “Iyawo” or “new wife” {for those non-Yoruba speaking people} as people keep calling me. People are even treating me differently…with more respect. It's slightly amusing, but nice all the same.

Writing my new signature at the bank this week and filling out the paperwork, I spotted the part where the form asked for ‘relationship to customer’ and in the box the clerk wrote ‘wife’. It was a nice feeling.

So speaking of wife and how we all know a wise woman builds her house, I've decided to take a 'lil break from blogging.

It’s not a permanent thing but just for this month of July. There is so much going on in our lives right now {relocation, travel, job changes} and so much to update you on, but there is also life itself to live and a husband to take care of. So, I will be posting up until Saturday and will return back in August once things settle with wedding recaps, pro pics and news about life on the other side.

Hope you don’t mind!

back look edit 

p.s. In my absence I have a whole host of fantastic bloggers/friends who will holding the fort, so do not fear.  Look out for some great guest posts during this month!

Signature

19 comments:

  1. FIRST YAY!!!!!!

    Great summary of all that happened. Wow, as I was reading, I could feel goose bumps. What a time you have had and still having.

    As for your relocation and the job interview, God will perfect it in no time. Just trust in Him.

    It is well :)

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank God everything went well, Congrats again! Wishing u God's best with d job and relocation it is well. Hurry back, miss u already :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again on ur wedding.... hope you have an amazing married life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am one with you in praising God for the joy you feel now. every woman (i guess) wants to be a wife. ha!! i so love that part when you wrote 'wife' for the fist time. must be thrilling, huh! hehehe!

    Well, God bless you and Mr. E some more. will your blog title be changing? like "From I Do till.." something. heheh!

    have a nice time:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad everything went well and you had a wonderful wedding day! Now the real journey begins and I pray for God's blessings for you and your husband!

    Enjoy your time off and do whatever you have to do to get things settled. I know I will be looking forward to August when you start blogging again. Take care and all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats...Mr E is dashing! R u in Birmingham? Im in Bham as well :)...who knows, one day I might bump into you. Enjoy your married life

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos, especially the last one...awww...gorgeous bride.

    Lol @ Nigeria not qualifying. Well, at least it did you guys some good...lol. Yeah, it does feel good to sign your signature and name in your husband's name. You'll get used to this lovely feeling. But then all your siblings start getting jealous and talking about how you've abandoned their name :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!

    U LOOK BEAUTIFUL!!! I'M TRULY HAPPY FOR U!

    WISH U A BLESSED AND JOYFUL MARRIAGE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, such lovely pictures, can imagine the feeling, hope hubby is doing well at work, I pray you land that job, just take it one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations. wishing you a blest and happy married life. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm all caught up on your wedding posts...congratulations to you both and I wish Mr. and Mrs.!! E a long and beautiful life together.

    Hope you're able to relocate to London ASAP...have a wonderful July!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures. I'm so excited for you, and I barely even know you. Congrats again. Hope you have a great month ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats girl!! People treat you differently because you ARE different. Now you're running a household playa...that's a big deal.

    Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, i couldn't help smiling at the form. May God bless your marriage with loads of joy, peace and every good thing you wish for.

    ReplyDelete
  15. congratulations Chichi!!!
    I'm so so happy for you, you were glowing and looked absolutely stunning!
    They say, the best is yet to come, but I believe the best is here and will continue to roll into your lives! (Amen!)

    ~ Chichi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy your time away from blog land. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck with everything. Will look forward to you being back!

    ReplyDelete
  18. awwww
    Add my congrats to the others..
    I luv the way u are real but do not broadcast your private life to everyone which I'm learning...its a fine balance.
    Ur story esp abt relocating does encourage me....praying the same for myself so will add u to my prayers as well ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  19. you make a wonderful and beautiful couple.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...