"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Miss Siobi

Miss Siobi

Siobi - 052

Many have asked what does Siobi mean?

Siobi : pronounced See-oh-bee

It is short for Chidintukwasiobi  which is ‘God is Faithful’ in Igbo.

When choosing her name we decided to work backwards.  We knew what we wanted her name to mean and between an Igbo bible and Google, her name was formed. 

Siobi - 092

God’s faithfulness is a theme tune that runs through our family. We see it day in day out and continue to be in awe of what God does for us.

Now obviously Chidintukwasiobi is a lot for a child to spell so she’ll be known as Siobi.

Siobi - 102

Motherhood is treating me well. Physically I am feeling a lot better than I did in the first week and it’s amazing how quickly you learn to know your child. I can change a nappy super fast and have learnt to do many everyday tasks one handed! Emotionally every time I look at her I can’t quite believe she is the same baby I carried for nine months. She has her own little personality and really only ever cries when she is tired or hungry. The love I have for her is so deep and I want to do everything in my power to protect and nurture her.

Labour seems like a distant memory and life has become a whirlwind of hugs, kisses, feeds and nappy changes.

Motherhood – I heart it.

Birth story coming soon…

30 comments:

  1. Wow. What a beautiful family. May God keep and protect you all. Thanks for sharing your beautiful family with us all.

    chIchi, you look beautiful, pregnancy agrees with you!!

    Miss Siobi is so adorable and peaceful. May God bless her forever. AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the Joy of the Lord be in your hearts and lives forever! I wish you all the very best! This is truly beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! Lovely post hun x I was saying 'show-bee', so I have been corrected. Now when I meet her she may give me extra special cuddles because I said her name correctly! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. She such a cutie! I knew Siobi was Igbo, was wondering what the full name was, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's gorgeous!!! I love how you arrived at her name. Beautiful.

    So happy for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. What a gorgeous bundle of LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. She's perfect. Congratulations!

    Chandra
    More Modern Modesty

    ReplyDelete
  7. BIG CONGRATULATIONS!! Beautiful name for a beatuiful family. God bless you and ypur family!

    lots and lots of love!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute cute cute baby and with a beautiful name.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Your baby is absolutely beautiful!!! I was so wowed by just how beautiful she is. Congrats to you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! And such a beautiful name. I feel like stealing it.

    Also a first time mom. Mylittle man will be 6 months old at the end of th month. My hubby was kind enough to recap the labour story on his blog..... Gosh, i'm really happy that the whole experience becomes a vague memory

    ReplyDelete
  11. fairly new reader to your blog. Congratulations God bless you all. I have enjoyed reading about your amazing journey......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely name. God is ever faithful

    ReplyDelete
  13. i eagerly awaited the photo of your baby girl. When I opened your blog today and saw Siobi....wauuuu. she is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. So blessed. And You look beautiful too. Amazing family. What a perfect example of God's plan for our life to the people in the world. Stay blessed. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwwww bless she looks absolutely gorgeous and so peaceful!! Motherhood suits you too Chichi, you look great! Those sleepless nights ain't got nothing on you! Lol...
    Did I mention that I love the name and the way you came about it too!
    Congrats to you both once again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tola. The sleepless nights are tough, but I am reminding myself it's not forever!!!

      Delete
  15. Congratulations! She is so adorable. May Siobi continually be a source of joy in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats Chichi, your baby is so beautiful...Aww Aww...love the name too

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulatons! God bless Siobi and may He continue to be faithful in your family. She is soooooo beautiful!
    -Homie GFunk

    ReplyDelete
  18. congratulation on the baby! Lovely Name.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am about 100 yrs late!! Congratulations and welcome to the mom's club! Your life will never be the same and your heart will be so filled with love that you'll feel like you'll bust. Its beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely gorgeous, Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. congrats! Chi she is truly gorgeous and I love her name and what it means. Stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  22. awwwww....Congrats.
    May God bless and nurture her as He has nurtured you. Your family would always and forever be sourced by Gods unending faithfulness. Amen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...