"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: A rose by any other name...

A rose by any other name...

Me: Say, hypothetically I wanted to keep my surname once we're married. What would you say?

Mr E: No

Me: Ok, just kidding.

One of the big changes marriage brings on your quest to 'becoming one', is the change of your name. 
Names are quite significant in the fact that they give you a sense of belonging and meaning. For example my first name means 'God's gift' and my surname 'son of Eagle'.

Some women debate about whether to take his name, keep theirs, take theirs and his etc. But for me it was never really a consideration and I'm looking forward to becoming Mrs E.

However I have had my name for the best part of 25 years and it will definelty be the end of an era. There are many fond memories attached to my name, right from school days when teachers couldn't pronounce it and there would be this awkward silence to now at work, where it is so unique that I have a special way I spell it and all my colleague know the song (my brother made it up)! Every name has a meaning which defines you.

I was researching and for the super organised amongst us, you can get your new passport in your married name up to three months before your wedding, so that its ready for when you go on your honeymoon and you can travel as Mr and Mrs. 

How cool is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...