"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Irreconcilable differences

Irreconcilable differences

That’s the reason Kim Kardashian has quoted on her divorce papers, 72 days after getting married.

kim kardashian   kris humpries

While this news is not surprising it is still a sad situation. Any marriage that breaks down is sad news but this is a classic example of the way the world views marriage, ‘If it doesn’t work out, just walk away’.

The truth is marriage is a lifetime of reconcilable differences, you are two people coming together to become one. This life long process requires less of ‘I’ and more of ‘us’ and is hard work but has great reward. 

Whatever the reasons behind the breakdown of this union, I hope one day Kim is able to understand the true meaning of what marriage is all about.

Image {source}

4 comments:

  1. I Hope so too. Marriage is about compromise. But it seems like shes interested in money and her career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont get why some people get married these days only to get a divorce in the end.... surely they dont understand what marriage is about...ratheer unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 72 days of marriage? what is this world turning into? I mean, didn't she know that before marrying him? Every day, the meaning and essence of marriage gets eroded and its just sad!

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's less than 3 months of marriage...my mind can't even fathom getting to divorce level during your 'honeymoon' stage...
    Marriage is a LIFE-LONG commitment!!

    (sigh) Sometimes I wonder if celebs just get married because of its a special occasion, rather than *really* think about the vows they're saying. What a terrible example...

    Thanks for posting this, I'm a new reader of yours, and enjoy your blog :)


    ~Mia
    an old fashioned girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...