"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Seeing in another year

Seeing in another year

3rdbday

Today is my birthday!

When I look back on the year, A LOT has happened and I have been blessed with so much. Equally there have been challenges and lessons learnt, but through it all, God has been my constant.

This past year I have grown in age, grown in my faith, grown in my marriage and grown as a family.

I thank God for giving me another 365 days (or 366 in this case) and I plan to live each of them to the fullest!

****************************************************************************************

It has been a bit quiet on the blog as of late.

I have wanted to write, but the very valuable commodity that is time, has been reallocated to a precious little girl who wants my full attention and things like having a shower or eating food haven taken precedent over blogging. Equally she had her Dedication at church last week, so it has been very busy around here with guests and such like.

My birth story is still sat in Drafts and unlike Amy who has been super efficient in posting her birth story (which was beautiful btw), it may be a while before it is ‘live’. I will try though, although if you know me in real life, you would have heard it already.

My MIL left on Sunday and this week it has just been me and Miss S. We are adjusting and I have slowly begun to realise that I can’t do everything and some things just have to be. But I am enjoying it and each day I learn more. I also had the opportunity to meet up with other mummy friends which has been fun. We all used to meet when we were pregnant so it was good to come together with our babies and share our stories.

I hope to be back more regularly, very soon.

Have a great weekend!

Picture - Me circa 1987

11 comments:

  1. happy birthday!!! got the notification from skype before i came here. how's the lil princess doing, the tasks u have to keep up with can be overwhelming, but trust me,it can never match the gladness in your heart when you look at your lil one...take care of urself, and do enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday and I am so happy that mother hood is treating you well. Yes don't worry motherhood supersedes all of your other responsibilities. I couldn't help noticing the picture of the woman behind you looks like graduation. If that is a picture of your mom in the background- you look exactly like your mother now. I am amazed by genes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're very eagle eyed! Yes that is my mother. Genes are amazing as I see bits of my grandmother and my husband's mother in Siobi!

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday Chichi. Hope your little one is doing well! Kisses to Miss S from Miss A! When you get around to it I'd love to read your birth story! I'm glad you enjoyed mine :) Although I wish I was, the truth is I'm really not efficient. I'm just use to not getting enough sleep so I get a lot done when I should be sleeping! Residency does that to you, so having a newborn for me is like being on q1 call!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy bithday to you Chi. What a year it must have been. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday and Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Been out of touch for too long! I'm now blogging here: http://globetracer.wordpress.com and we should def. chat soon!!! I haven't been on your site in ages, love the new look!

    -Tracita Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy bielefeld birthday Chichi! I actually missed this! Wishing you many more blessed years ahead! Looking forward to your birth story too! Kisses to Miss S

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...