"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Need to focus...

Need to focus...

So I don't when my new wedding date is, but either way I want to be ready.


Ready emotionally. Ready physically. Ready spiritually. Ready.

So this weekend is bank holiday weekend. Traditionally reserved for all those unwanted DIY tasks around the home. Whilst I have spent some time tidying the flat and doing laundry and screwing the fridge back together (don't ask!), I have also spent a bit a time thinking about the future. I want to get more organised and not be fire fighting all the time. I want to be one step ahead not only at work but in my personal life too. I no longer want to awarded a 1st Class honours in procrastination!

So thinking about being ready here are my goals for this new 'school year' (September 1st is round the corner people).

1. Sort out my finances and by this I mean, all my payments, my bills, my DD make sure they are correct. Make sure I'm paying off the right things and saving for the right things. Not rack up any debt and build up my emergency funds.

2. Focus on my health. I have been getting better on the food side, eating more healthily (apart from the odd M&M fix!), drinking more water, taking my vitamins (you should see my nails - they look amazing). Need to start making visits to the Gym. I joined a month ago and haven't been once. Having said that I am walking over 2 miles a day, which I wasn't doing before. But I need to really up my fitness so that I can tone up and slim down. My wedding dress fits as I am but I want to look my BEST and not have any regrets. Number wise I need to lose 3 stone (according to my BMI) however I am a realistic person, so will aim for 1-2. Need to continue to look after my skin and the rest of my body. Booking in for my bi-annual eye test and 6 monthly dental.

3. Declutter my life. Ebay and Amazon are there for a reason. Need to get off my a**** and put some listings up. Have loads of CDs and books that I don't want.

4. Need to manage my time better at work and be more pro-active rather than being on the back foot. Need to think about career development and where I want to go. Need to pick up my professional qualifactions again and start studying (that's a 2010 goal).

5. Make use of the technology and facilities around me. Example, I did my grocery shopping online yesterday. Very simple and easy and presto 24 hours later it was delivered. Sooo much easier than going to the store and battling with other weekend shoppers.

6. Focus on my relationship with God making sure I am relating to him like I should be. Reading my bible and praying daily. I want to start writing things down, so I can remind myself of the promises God makes and when times are tough I can look back and see all the great things he has done and be encouraged.

7. Last but not least, focus on my relationship and up coming marriage. I am due to marry a truly wonderful man, who loves and respects me. I thank God for blessing me with a wonderful man and I want to be the best wife I can be, so I need to focus on those rough areas of my personality that need smoothing over. Patience being one of them. The past few months have taught me a lot about patience and God continues to test this trait in me. I want to get better. I will get better.

So these are my focus goals - I will keep you posted on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...