"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Friendships and Marriage

Friendships and Marriage

Marriage changes a lot of things.

Your priorities.

Your choices.

Your decisions.

Your life.

It also changes your friendships.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these girls who has millions of girlfriends. I have a select group of women who I would call my friends. Women that I can talk to openly and honestly and who I can rely on. Women where if there has been a long period of silence, I can pick up the phone and catch up without any problem.

Since getting married, I have seen my friendships change. Unless I make a conscious effort to speak to someone, weeks can go by without any contact. Life is so busy that if I'm honest any time I have, I want to invest in my husband and my marriage. That's not to say that once you're married you no longer have friends, it just means that your priorities change.

In the same vein, you start to find yourself relating more with other married people, not because they are better in any way but because you find yourself with common ground. You feel you can relate.

It's a balance I guess.

Single people, how have your relationships changed with your married friends? Is it better or worse?

fromnowtillido Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...