"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Finding our Groove

Finding our Groove

I think now after one year of marriage, we have found our groove. We know what works and what doesn’t.

I have his favourite meals perfected (well almost all of them – if anyone has any good fish pepper soup recipes – holla at your girl), my housekeeping routine in place and know which bills to pay when. He’s got his things down too.

We’ve mastered the rules, have our routines down and are now just living life. It hasn’t been argument free, but we have got there.  We no longer feel like newlyweds but an established married couple and it’s nice.

We went to a wedding last weekend and as we watched the bride and groom, there was this whimsical feeling of wish it was us again, but then I thought, actually no, I’m glad we’re not there again, we have moved on, we’ve evolved.

If I knew then what I know now, would I have done things differently this past year? Maybe, but then it wouldn’t be life and God uses our life experiences to help us grow and mature. Learning to communicate more and become more selfless. Life long lessons, from which you never graduate.

I took a break from the blog because I needed to spend more time with my husband. With work and other pressures it can be so easy to become two ships sailing in the night and so I had to be deliberate in my actions and take a step back.

So thanks for your patience, the last three months off have been great. In that time we reconnected, made a baby (lol!) and rediscovered why we got married.

Yes we found our groove.

p.s. Just found out the blog has been nominated for a Nigerian Blog Award! Thank you to those of you who nominated the blog. Voting has opened and if you feel so inclined, please hop over and vote for us in the Wedding Blog Category.

8 comments:

  1. Made a BABY?????? CONGRATULATIONS! Yay to that! I wonder whether you and your hubby have opposing views about whether to have a boy or girl first, cos we do. *wink*

    Congrats on your blog being nominated. Your blog is such a beautiful marriage blog, and may God continue to cause your pen to flow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... this is such a beautiful post. Congrats on the baby 'made'. God will watch over it and in the fullness of time, we'd rejoice. I loved it when you said, "Life long lessons, from which you never graduate."

    Welcome back! I nominated you! lol

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so extremely excited for you and Mr. E. What a blessing God has bestowed upon you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers to finding your groove!

    Congrats on your nomination!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow exciting news! Congrats to you and Mr :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations

    BTW...Did I notice three little words 'made a baby' ????

    If what I am thinking is what you are saying...then all I can say .....is big congrats for what I think you are saying LOL

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. @N.I.L - yup! We're having a baby!!

    Thank you all for your congrats!

    @Jaycee - we don't mind on the sex, hubby thinks it's a boy but doesn't want to find out. I want to find out the sex, so I can plan!

    @LDP - thank you for your nomination! Good luck in the awards too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the nomination.
    Its nice to have you back and Special thanks to GOD for the little one on the way... looking forward to reading about this new journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...