"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Baby E…the story so far

Baby E…the story so far

So it’s fair to say that I am getting a bit bored waiting around. Everyone is like enjoy this time…

Not feeling any signs so just getting on with house stuff and daily walks with mum. I suppose it’s nice not to have the ‘pressure’ of doing things, but it’s still that unknown of ‘when will it happen’.

I’m properly in nesting mode, having cleaned out my kitchen today and rearranged everything! I’m also going to attempt to make some hummus this afternoon, after having a craving for it and not really feeling like trekking to the shop for it.

Friends and family have been so generous the past few days, dropping off baby clothes and equipment for us. I’ve also sorted out my labour playlist for my ipod; a list of my favourite worship songs to listen to in hospital.

So anyways here’s the latest info…

  • How Far Along? 39 weeks and 5 days
  • Total Weight Gain/Loss: Dare I look at the scales anymore.
  • Maternity Clothes? Yes. Live in my mothercare leggings – love them so much.
  • Stretch Marks? Moving on.
  • Sleep: Doing okay on this front. Although all my dreams are no longer weird vivid things but are all about labour. 
  • Best Moment of the Week? Antenatal appointment and finding out baby is engaged.
  • Miss Anything? Bending down. Lying on my back.
  • Movement: Yes but baby E is getting pretty cramped in there for sure. Also she is now back to back, rather than front to back, so I getting lots of random body parts poking at my belly.
  • Food Cravings: Cheese, sardine and jam. All on the same sandwich. Also these bad boys:
  • sourPastilles

  • Anything Making You Queasy or Sick? Nope fortunately.
  • Gender Prediction: Still a girl.
  • Labour Signs: Not really sure. Baby is engaged and have felt mild cramps but nothing more.
  • Belly Button In or Out: Was an innie, now it’s just flat. 
  • Wedding Rings On or Off: Have been fortunate, have not had to remove them yet.
  • Happy or Moody Most of the Time? Depends. Generally happy but have moments of frustration!!!
  • Looking Forward To: HAVING THIS BABY.

15 comments:

  1. man i'm kinda jealous!!! i've been having serious braxton hicks all week. Today I actually thought something was happening. its so weird. But enjoy the time honey!!! I hope you meet her soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know with this Braxton Hicks thing, I'm not even sure if I got them I would know what they are. I get pains here and there but have always put them down to pregnancy symptoms. Could be BH - who knows!

      Delete
  2. Lol. I caught a little sense of humor in this. That's a good sign. Enjoy the time like all these experienced people are telling you o (cos I don't know what that means, since I'm not experienced with this stuff, lol). I will also advise you to spoil yourself...get your pedicure/manicure done, and girl, get your hair done!!! Not to forget have a spa date...this is the time to make your husband do stuff for you. LOLLLLL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Got my hair done last Friday. Sitting down for 4 hours plus was not fun, but I figured if I do it know, I don't have to worry about it for a while. A mani/pedi definitely sounds nice!

      Delete
  3. 39 weeks and 5 days!!! And bored?? Get your rest now! You are so close to totally not having any...haha! {Yup, that's me laughing at you right now :) }

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I know right. I'm trying to rest but also stay active so not spending all my time in bed. I do wish there was a way to bottle up sleep and store for later!

      Delete
  4. You're nearly there!!! whooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. uhm...u do know u might have to wait up to 42 weeks ya??

    They say taking pineapple helps bring labour on faster..

    I will also tell Afam a sure banker way to get u into labour room fast...I know he will like this tip which I am sure you already know ;)

    Aloted is in cheeky mode..she needs to go to bed FAST! Na nite...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I'm afraid to say, we tried those tricks when we were expecting our first - I even tried eating extra hot food - none worked! Baby will come when she wants to come!

      I feel you Chichi - I remember listening to Juanita Bynum 'I don't mind waiting' on repeat on my ipod! (I DID actually mind waiting but I thought somehow my attitude would change if I listened to that song! lol!)

      Delete
    2. Lol! I have been given a ton of Old Wives tales, but I'm guessing that this little madam will come out when she is good and ready.

      Delete
  6. You are almost there. I wish you a safe delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for you to have this baby but why do i get this wiggly waggly feeling it's a boy...lol (we are watching!) Safe delivery dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chichi

    Just love visiting your blog.Well done!!! Not sure I have commented before but been following you for ages...even introduced my friend, Tola of www.callmemommy.com here seeing you were in similar phases. Remain strong babes and as she has put forth without stress and enjoying the joy of carrying her little girl, so shall yours be with a stressless labour.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...