"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Happy Monday! I love my momma!

Happy Monday! I love my momma!

Me and mum

So yesterday was Mother’s day here in the UK and I spent Sunday with my mum {and some of my siblings}!

I made Sunday lunch and it was nice to catch up and have a bit of girly chat, as we don’t always see each other as often as we’d like.

I love my mum – love her loads. She has made so many sacrifices for me, been there through thick and thin, offered advice and guidance at the right time and genuinely been my best friend. We haven’t always seen eye to eye on certain things, but our relationship has evolved over the years into one of mutual love and respect.

Her love for me is selfless and unconditional and I am so grateful for that.

There are so many things I would love to do for her if I had the opportunity {or money} and I definitely don’t tell her enough how much I appreciate her and what she means to me.

So Mum…I love you. I love you dearly and thank you for making me the woman I am today. Thank you for always believing in me and always encouraging me to reach higher heights.

Thank you for holding my hand as I make this huge transition from woman to wife, for welcoming Mr E into our family and treating him as if he were your own son. Thank you.

I look forward to being a mum myself one day and know that if I can be half the mother to my children, you are to me, they will be totally blessed!

Your advice, prayers and love will forever be appreciated.

Happy Mother’s Day!

p.s. To all my friends who have become mothers in the last year, I hope you had a wonderful first mother’s day too.

xoxo

What one thing are you thankful to your mother for?

11 comments:

  1. Your mom sounds like mines! I'm so thankful that my mother was there with me through it all, the thick and thin she was in my corner no matter what! What a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog through Lady A's blog and love it already. I guess will be reading more from you...love your wedding too, really lovely. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely picture. Is that you (when you were a baby) and your mum? Makes me miss my mum even more since she is far away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lady A - Totally agree. Mom's are great!

    @Yakeenaijababe - Thanks for your comment and welcome to the blog.

    @Shona - yes it is; circa 1984 or so. Where does your mum live?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your mum look so lovely in that pic. I'm so thankful for my mother for health and life and the relationship we have. I love her so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy mothers day! thank God for mothers! i like your blog, its unique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mum is in Harare, its been awhile since I have been home. I miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Myne - thank God for mothers

    @ Femme Lounge - thank you for your comments and welcome to the blog!

    @ Shona - I can imagine! My mum lives two hours away and that is hard so not being in the same country, must be even harder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always forget it's mothers day a different day over there to here.

    Happy Mother's day to your Mum! Love that photo - she is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...