"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Learning To Love My Kitchen

Learning To Love My Kitchen

My mum came to visit us the weekend and it was wonderful.

I haven't spent time with my mum properly in a long time and it was nice to talk and catch up. She gave myself and Mr E lots of great advice about marriage, communication and dealing with conflict and we were so blessed to have her with us.

On Saturday we spent a bit of time in the kitchen where she showed my how to make moin moin and ogbono soup! She also talked me through other meals and preparation of meat and fish {which freaks me out!}. We have been eating very since she left!

I'm pleased to be able to add two more dishes {actually make that three if you include the Suya I made last weekend} to my list of meals I can cook. It's funny because if I met up with the Chichi of 18 months ago, she certainly wouldn't be loving the kitchen as much as I do now. I especially love baking and managed to also squeeze out a cake on Saturday as well.
 
Learning to Love My Kitchen - Suya 
Yummy Suya!

I have noticed my relationship with my kitchen has grown a lot over the past few months. I'm always on the look out for good recipes whether in magazines or online so I can add variety to our meal times and I genuinely enjoy cooking.

Kemi posted a fantastic recipe for Jamaican Curry Goat which I will be trying out very soon and I had this Potato Gratin at my friend Moyo's house and it was AMAZING.

Where do you find your recipes from and do you enjoy spending time in the kitchen?

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...