"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Getting crafty at home

Getting crafty at home



Back in August I signed up for an online sewing course called 'Home Ec’. Basically for $60, three ladies hosted an interactive site to teach you how to sew. The site is live for one year and there are loads of tutorials from curtains to cushions, bags to dresses.

After seeing the talent displayed by Joy with my wedding bolero and the skills possessed by Obi who made my bridesmaid dresses, I became hooked. Imagine if I could make my own items!

I've always admired people who have creative skills especially those who can sew. Maggie Whitely over at Gussy Sews, taught herself how to sew and now has a thriving business. Jessica over at From Marriage to Motherhood, designed cute head wear for her daughter and now sells her designs in her Etsy store.

I remember watching my mother sew when I was younger. She had this old Singer machine which she would use to knock together outfits. Sometimes she would let me use it, testing my hand-foot coordination on scraps of material. Memories!

The Proverbs 31 women was a crafty lady..

She spins her own cloth, and she helps the
poor and the needy.
Her family has warm clothing and so she
doesn't worry when it snows.
She does her own sewing and
everything she wears is beautiful.

My goal is to be able to move from doing simple alternations with a needle and thread to sewing my own clothes and soft furnishings for our home {e.g. curtains and cushions} as well as being able to make outfits for our children when they come along.

Are you crafty? Do you sew? Any recommendations for a good sewing machine?
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...