"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: The Wonders of Internet Community

The Wonders of Internet Community

No reader question for this Friday but I did want to shout out about the wonders of the internet community. I have found it particularly useful in helping me find goods and services, especially when I'm unfamiliar with a new area.

A couple of weeks back I put out a tweet saying I was looking for a good hairdresser to do a weave. After having a nightmarish experience with another London based salon, I was apprehensive but desperately in need of someone good to use.

@lovetweets came back to me straight away, sending me the details of someone she uses, who happened to be to be near to me.

I went yesterday to get my hair done and I am so happy with the result AND the hairdresser. The lady was so nice and professional. I never tend to talk with hairdressers but I found myself easily relating with her and she was excellent in her skill. She didn't bring out the dreaded Lusters Pink Oil Lotion {always a sign of a dodgy salon} or force unnecessary products on me {also a sign of a 'questionable' salon}. And as she was finishing up she gave me real practical tips on how to take care of my hair. It so good when you meet a service provider that actually cares!

I often use Facebook as well to get advice on places to go, where to find things etc and that works quite well as well. I saved myself a journey to a not so great Suya joint thanks to Facebook! I also met some really great people offline, that I first met online, great ladies who have become good friends.

Yay for internet community!

Have you found anything useful recently on a recommendation from your internet community?

fromnowtillido Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...