"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: You carry it well

You carry it well

That seems to be the most used phrase people say to me these days. I don’t know whether that is good or bad. At 34 weeks pregnant, I’m feeling bigger every day but I guess in comparison to others (which I know I shouldn’t do) I must still look small? Dunno, I blame it on my tall frame. The midwife measured me today and I’m still on track so that is all that matters.

This week sees me finish work (yay) and I have a team lunch planned which will be a nice end to the year. I’m thinking it’s also time to start getting ready for the Christmas and get out the tree and start decorating the place. I thinking this Christmas will be a quiet one, which I am totally up for. No fuss, just church in the morning, then a nice dinner in the afternoon, simple but perfect.

We’ve also started getting the final bits for baby. We’ve split our shopping into bitesize chunks, having done the first trip last week and the next one this weekend. Shopping in stores is not for, especially with Christmas crowds, but can I just say how much I love baby shopping! There is so much cute stuff out there and for girls especially it so adorable, I am having to control my urges to snap up everything in sight.

It’s funny how depending on your phase of life, you visit different aisles when you go to shops. Never before have I ventured into the baby section of stores, but now it’s the first places I visit.

The baby’s room is taking shape and next week I will begin washing everything. One of my mummy friends was like I didn’t need to, but it seems to be the general consensus to wash everything in non-bio soap powder before using on baby, so I will get that done.

It amazing to think that in 5 short weeks or so, she will here. Can’t wait to meet her!

Catch up with the latest pregnancy vlogs below.

 

7 comments:

  1. Next month your lil princess will be here. You are in the home stretch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love following your story. So excited for you! Yay! Enjoy your time away from work and the next few expectant weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably the phrase is just a compliment, i.e pregnancy suits you. From experience (not my own personal experience)you will get bigger. I remember one of my aunts who in the last couple of weeks of pregnancy 'balloned' everywhere- belly, feet, face even her nose.

    I'm not at the mummy stage yet but still can't resist oohing and awwwing in the baby aisle, everythings so cute but whilst gift shopping for a few friends early this year I did notice how alot more expensive baby girl clothes are than baby boy clothes. Both are expensive (and its that which motivates me to continue when I want to throw in the towel over my Master's) but girl's are just that bit more expensive...literally.

    I wash pretty much everything I buy before wearing for myself so I think it a good idea for baby.
    Will you be posting pictures of the nursery?

    All the best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you. Grinned through your videos - weird, I know :)
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pregnancy definitely suits you :)

    i was like that as well..at 40 weeks i looks like i was 6 months pregnant, though my face and nose got swollen in the last week or so..phew...

    all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Amy - I know! Where has the time gone. It will be you next!

    @miss.fab - thanks hun

    @Niki - not sure re nursery pics, will see how it goes, might wait until after she has born and I get to personalise it a bit more.

    @Funlayo - lol thanks!

    @aloted - merci sweet friend! I will see what happens over the next month, at least I will be able to put my feet up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, good for you! Hope you take the time to relax during your mat leave!
    And yes, take it as a compliment! Although with these babies you can never be too sure, there's still room to grow so celebrate your size at all time!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...