"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: 18 Things I wish I knew at 18…

18 Things I wish I knew at 18…

  1. Life is short. Live it to the full and make every day count for God’s glory.
  2. True friends are hard to come by but when you find them, cherish, cherish, cherish.
  3. Work hard but remember to strike a balance and always put your family first.
  4. Don’t go looking for love, let love find you. You need to be happy with ‘me, myself and I’ before God can bring someone into your life.
  5. Never stop learning. Knowledge is power.
  6. Never stop asking questions, the answer may surprise you.
  7. Just because you can pay the minimum doesn’t mean you can afford the balance.
  8. Emergency funds are a useful thing.
  9. You can’t please everyone…so why try?
  10. Your integrity matters more than you can imagine.
  11. Having clear, measureable goals for your life gives you direction.
  12. Take care of yourself. Eat right. Rest. Exercise. Take time off. No one else can do that for you.
  13. Don’t return emails when you’re angry. Equally don’t put anything in writing you can’t say to someone’s face.
  14. Trust your instincts. They’re usually right.
  15. Don’t ever say anything that may offend someone who is going to be serving you food. You never know what they may stick in it when you’re not looking.
  16. Always do what you say you will do – honour your word.
  17. The times when you don’t feel like praying are usually the times when you should be praying the most.
  18. And finally, don’t worry about life, because ultimately God is in control and all things work together for good!

What advice would you give to your 18 year old self?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...