"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: It’s been a while…

It’s been a while…

Aloha readers, hope you’re well.

Just recovering from a bad bout of food poisoning which has had me bed bound for the past 24 hours. Feeling much better now, but it was not good!

So I went to check out the K by Beverley Knight range at Selfridges on Tuesday and to summarise I wasn’t really impressed. All the foundations are oil free, so what’s a girl to do if you have dry skin. Plus I thought, for what was available; eye shadows, blushers and lipsticks etc, you can get better products from other brands.

I don’t know about you but I’m not one to spend loads of money on the peripherals (eye shadow, lip gloss and blush) because a lot of cheaper brands do good quality versions {check out Sleek MakeUP for some fab blushers and eye shadow palettes, all less than £5}. don’t mind spending money on a good foundation because apart from Maybelline's Dream Satin, there isn’t a budget range on the market that I personally have found to be good. skeek-original-palette-01

Sleek Eyeshadow Palette ‘Original’ 

So back to ‘K’ – she did have a nice blusher I saw, ‘Flame’ which is very similar to M.A.C. ‘Ambering Rose’ and ‘Her Name is Rio’ from MYFACE Cosmetics, but more expensive at £14, in terms of what you get. Ladies feel free to check the range out and let me know your thoughts!

Started back on Weight Watchers and I’ve lost 4lbs in two weeks. May not sound like loads but I’m on track for reaching my year end of goal of losing 10% of my current weight. I’m writing down what I’m eating {most days}, having soups for lunch and I’m following through the routine in Buff Brides as well as fitting in a run at weekends. I’m looking forward to fitting back into my clothes as well as getting fitter.

Winter is definitely on it’s way, the weather has got so cold lately. Need to find where my winter clothes are, its time to start sporting the gloves, hat and scarf combo and bring out the knee boots – yay!

Finally did anyone watch X-factor on Saturday/Sunday? Thought Cheryl and Whitney were ace, although comparing Cheryl’s live voice to her radio voice is interesting! She is a good dancer though.

We’re going into week three - who’s your favourite to win?

Picture source {beautifulwithbrains}

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about the food poisioning, but it's over now. That's cool you lost weight! Keep it up! I'm a make-up lover but like you I will not spend an arm and a leg on something I will later wipe off my face!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...