"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Hairdressing woes

Hairdressing woes

So the great hairdresser search continues. At the moment I still haven’t found myself a hairdresser that I’m totally happy with. I tried a new place out about a month ago and whilst I was happy with the overall look and service on the day, I wasn’t too impressed with their pricing structure.

They’re one of those places where every step of the process is charged separately. For example, I rang up to book a treatment and in their price booklet it says treatment £14.40. At the end of the phone call I say ask the girl to confirm what the total price will be and she comes back with £34.40. I’m confused!

Me: Doesn’t your price book say a treatment is £14.40?

Salon: Yes, but it’s an extra £20 to blow dry the hair.

Me: Err what? You have have to pay extra for a blow dry, it’s not included?

Salon: No

Me: Interesting, the price is almost as much as getting my hair relaxed. I think I’ll leave it.

You have to pay extra to be able to leave the salon with dry hair!

I don’t get it. Surely if that’s the true price, why not quote £34 rather than break everything down, when they know full well most women aren’t going to leave a salon with wet hair! I’d rather places be upfront and charge one price which includes everything.

Anyone else had similar experiences?

1 comment:

  1. yes when I was in college I got my hair done at a little shop that advertised $60 relaxers. When the lady finished my hair she told me that my total was $110 and I nearly fell out of the chair! everything from the trim to the curling of the hair was extra and she didnt tell me...needless to say I never went back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...