"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Love is a verb

Love is a verb

“Love means that I have to do something, and it means it’s going to cost me something”
– Joyce Meyer

Image - Love Revolution

I was watching Joyce Meyer this morning and she was talking about 'Real Love' and I was really challenged by her teaching. Many a times I say ‘I love’, but my actions don’t always mirror the words.

In John 15:12, Jesus tells us that we should should ‘love one another’ just as He loved us.  Now we all know what love is, 1 Corinthians 13 describes it very well and it is one of the most popular bible verses at weddings. However love without action, is theory.

‘Love thy neighbour’ is another well known verse but neighbour doesn’t just limit you to those people who live next door to you, it can basically mean anyone who crosses your path during the course of the day.

Ask yourself: what need can I meet today, how can I show love? It could be a word of encouragement, a cup of coffee with a old friend or surprising your significant other with an unexpected act of kindness! A simple action can make all the difference.

“When we see a need, we are going to meet it. We don’t need a twelve-hour prayer meeting; we are going to meet people’s needs, unless God tells us otherwise” – Joyce Meyer

To feel love you need to give love, so selfishness has no place here! Reach out to others, even to those people who you think don’t deserve it. More often than not, the people who treat us the worst are the ones who need the most love, understanding and kindness from us.

Today, I commit to showing love through action everyday and I challenge you to do the same. Let’s all make an effort to show love to those around us {strangers included}, not just today but everyday.

To get you started there are some great ideas here.

What practical ways will you be showing love this Christmas time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...