"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Proposal memories

Proposal memories

A year ago today Mr E asked me to his wife.  It’s amazing how quickly the past 12 months have gone.

Our relationship has gone from strength to strength, as we have grown as a couple, learning more about each other and learning more about our relationship. Heck! I’ve learnt more about myself!

I recently found my journal from earlier in the year, where I wrote down the advice that different people have given to us over the past 12 months. Here are some of my favourites:

You are best friends:
- share everything together
- make decisions together
- pray together
- have no secrets
- spend time together
- get interested in each other's hobbies
- get to know each other's personalities, vision and desires

Marriage is for life, divorce is not an option


Communication is key


Understanding and sacrifices will sometimes need to be made


God is at the centre and we fight our battles on our knees


2009 has seen some curve balls thrown at us but we have stood strong through it all and I believe that 2010 will be our year.

I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to all our friends and family who have supported us in 2009.

We love you lots!

Here’s to the future!
P1040423  

Our Barrack and Michelle Obama election victory inspired posing!

4 comments:

  1. hey, just found your blog and i love it! great post filled with great advice. and you guys look fabulous in that photo on the street!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous photo. You make such a beautiful couple! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...