"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Fearless dreams…

Fearless dreams…

Happy New Year!

It’s nice to be back. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and restful New Year.

2010 was a significant year for Afam and I on so many levels and I don’t even know where to begin in saying thank you to God for everything He did for us last year.

When we sat down to reflect on the past 12 months we were amazed at how faithful God had been to us both. Aside from the fact that we got married {which was a journey in itself}, God blessed us with new jobs, a new home, journey mercies when we travelled to Nigeria and much more. Did I achieve all the goals I set at the beginning of the year? No – but do I have any regrets? No.

This was our first Christmas as a married couple and if I could sum up our holiday season in one word it would be fellowship.

We had the opportunity to host family members and I have to admit I was freaking out a little before they came, worrying about whether I would be able to host properly, putting unnecessary pressure on myself! But the whole experience was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed having people in our home, cooking meals and playing hostess. It’s given me the bug to do it more {as well as an opportunity to use some of our wedding gifts!} and I’m less fearful about it now.

At the beginning of each year I choose a verse that will be my theme for the year. In 2010 it was Genesis 18:14, which is the story of Sarah and how God promised her a baby after many years of barrenness.
The verse states: ‘Is any thing too hard for the LORD?’ and true in 2010 was anything too hard for our God? No it was not. Even in times when we felt despair and situations seemed dire, God was able to turn it around for good.

For 2011 my verse is Hebrews 13:6 (personalised)

“So I say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”

I chose this verse because when I reflect on the past year, there are things that I wanted to do or things I should have done but didn’t due to fear or what I believed others would think. In 2011, I don’t want to allow fear to stop me achieving the destiny God has called me into and I don’t want to allow the opinions of others to distract me from walking the vision He has given us. Humbly I want to submit my plans and life into His hands and ask Him to lead me through.

I have big dreams for 2011, big dreams for my marriage, big dreams for my family and big dreams for myself. Dreams that only God can help us achieve and I am excited at what He will do in our lives this year!

2011 is the year to step out in faith and I’m going to be fearless, dream big and trust God.

The saying goes that if you continue to do the same things, you will get the same results.

It’s time to do things differently.

fromnowtillido Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...