"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Su Casa, Mi Casa – Hospitality 101

Su Casa, Mi Casa – Hospitality 101

insider-entertaining-half

Entertaining says, “I want to impress you with my beautiful home, my clever decorating and my gourmet cooking.”  Hospitality says, “This is not mine.  It is a gift from God, and I’ll use it as he desires.” Still Living By Faith by Annie May Lewis

I love this quote as it reminds me about the true meaning of hospitality. I often find myself worrying about insignificant things and it can end up making the situation stressful rather than a peaceful privilege.

Getting ready

If you can, try and declutter the area where you guest will be staying. Our guest room also doubles up as our storage room, so we had to do a major clear out before guests started saying over.

Bedroom/Bathroom Basics

  • Clean fresh linen is a must
  • Side table with a lamp if you can
  • A fresh towel
  • Somewhere for them to hang or fold their clothes
  • Essential toiletries {e.g. toothpaste, soap} TIP: Save hotel leftovers, the miniatures are great for this
  • Supply of toilet roll {there is nothing worse than being a guest in someone house and a)not having any toilet roll and b)not knowing where to find any}

Meal times

If your guest is staying for an extended period, attempt to find out what they like to eat, so that you can make sure you have it available for them. My mum loves coffee, Afam and I don’t drink it, but we always make sure we have some around for when she stops by.

Breathe

Relax, it can be nerve wracking having someone in your home but they’re not coming to see how posh your house is, they are coming to see you!  If something finishes unexpectedly or something breaks and gets damaged, try to not let it take over your world. Things happen!

Finally don’t apologise (or complain) about things that you think are lacking. I constantly did this and in the end Afam made me realise that our guests are going to have a good time regardless of whether we have cushions on the sofa or a rug on the floor. As long as they are comfortable, that is what matters.

Hospitality isn't just for married folk either, anyone can open up their home.

You just need a willing heart!

Some verses to encourage you:

1 Peter 4:9 - Show hospitality to one another without grumbling.

Ephesians 6:7 - Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people.

Romans 12:13 - Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

Do you have any more hospitality tips?

Image {source}

fromnowtillido Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...