"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

Coventry wedding-pola

Hello and welcome to all. This is our blog where we will keep you posted on all things wedding related.

With just over 200 days to go, it's amazing how time flies! I remember talking with Mr E over Christmas about 2009 and how we had so many months which seemed like ages away. We put our timeline together and committed it all to God.

Next weekend marks the end of Feb (!!!) and with March around the corner (turning 25 very soon - don't you just love birthdays) we are fast approaching the 6 month mark. I'm looking at my Wedding Checklist from 'The knot' and it doesn't look like I have made much progress. However with notebook and pen in hand, I'm about to tackle some of these things head-on.

It's amazing how many resources I have found online to do with weddings. I guess you never really notice, when you're not thinking about weddings or are engaged. It's that whole about how you notice things that are on your mind example: you've just got a pair of glasses so you notice everyone with glasses! I didn't purchase a bridal magazine until the beginning of this month, as I found that the internet had so many great resources, at no cost.

There are sites, blogs, wikis, galleries - you name it, there is something for everyone. It's very easy to get sucked into the whole commercial aspect of the wedding rather than the marriage. One thing Mr E and I did right at the beginning was to sit down and say, 'what do we want our wedding to be like, what is important to us and what is a nice to have'. Ultimately we want to be man and wife come September 12th but at the same time have a good wedding.

We have always said to ourselves, that whilst the wedding is important (and it is - most girls have been dreaming about their special day, since they were like 5), it is just ONE day. It is one day which will officially mark the start of married life and we don't want that meaning to be lost or to become bankrupt in the process.

Holding onto this perspective has been really helpful with the whole planning process and deciding what is important and what is not.

Some many wedding guides will say, 'you must have this or you must have that' and I think to myself 'why?’ If it's not going to add any value to the day, except in decreasing the value of my wallet, I would rather leave it. We want our family and friends to come and celebrate with us, giving thanks to God for the great things He has done in our lives. Now don't get me wrong, I still love me some Photobooth or a Candy Buffet, but I will see how everything pans out over the coming months.

However I must say not all sites are bad! I've listed a few of my favourites at the end of the post, which have been and continue to be invaluable for advice, tips and guidance in making the day the best it can be but without breaking the bank. I love a bit of DIY so I will be utilising a lot of my IT skills to do a lot of things myself.

In this blog I hope to give you a little insight into the whole wedding planning experience as well as give a fresh perspective on what typically can be one of the most expensive days of your life!

Stay tuned!

********************************************

Favourite wedding sites:

Weddingbee

Project Wedding

The Knot

Youandyourwedding

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...