"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: The Colour Purple

The Colour Purple

In African culture you choose wedding colours, which will be your theme for the day and also the accent colour which guests can wear also.

Our wedding colour is purple. I've always liked it as colour and there are so many variations on the shades that it comes in. I am attending one other wedding this year and as far as I'm aware, purple is not being used by the other bride. Our bridesmaids and groomsmen will have elements of purple in their outfits to tie everybody in together.

I have already found my wedding dress (top secret until the big day) and now I'm focusing on the dresses for our bridal party. We have seven bridesmaid and six groomsmen, all ranging from family to close friends. For the bridesmaids in particular, it’s about every girl looking and feeling her best on the day, whilst still letting her individual style come through. I'm not about to put them in ugly dresses or enforce particular hair styles for example, as that won't work for everyone. Ultimately I want them to look stylish and be comfortable.

I visited three stores with my sister, chief bridesmaid and one of my bridesmaids. There were a few styles of dresses that we liked but when we asked about colours and fabrics, they didn't come in the ones we needed. After looking at the dresses in store, we have decided to get them made by a seamstress as it will work out more cost effective and we can have more influence on the style and fabric. I sourced the fabric in Bradford {great fabric stores there} and after going back and forth with a few designs, we finally put together a style which I think will suit all the girls.

Here are a few of my favourite styles...

Dessy



Dessy

Dessy

Monsoon


Alfred Angelo


Dessy - love love love this one - it's my fave!




2 comments:

  1. Hey Chichi, great idea this blog! Have to ask, is the dress, by any chance, any of the ones you tried on that day at Tamworth? I know you have loads to do till September, but can't wait to see the pictures of the big day!! It's going to be very beautiful. Best of luck and be blessed! -Soufi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Soufi! Thanks for your comment, actually it not. I visited three other bridal shops after the one in Tamworth and have chosen a different one. Similar price but this one has a certain 'je ne sais quoi' about it. Also the fact that I succumbed to fiancé pressure and showed Mr E a picture of the Tamworth dress, definitely meant I couldn't get that one! Will definitely post pictures after the big day. Hope you're well! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...