"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Operation Esther is (re)launched!

Operation Esther is (re)launched!



So in the Bible it tells us that Esther spent a year preparing herself before she went before the King , 'six months with oil of myrrh and six with perfumes and cosmetics' Esther 2:12.

My wedding is in September, which leaves me precisely 203 days or 6 months to whip myself into shape. My Chief Bridesmaid of Honour (as she likes to be known) has come up with a plan. Well actually she came up with it around Christmas time, but we've both been a bit lazy with the application of it.

Presenting 'OPERATION ESTHER' where I will be spending the next few months looking after my 'temple' in preparation for the wedding and beyond. This regime purely focuses on the physical and considers, but is not limited to the following areas:

Food and what we eat (F)
  • Five pieces of fruit and veg a day
  • 8 glasses of water a day
  • Cut down on my chocolate intake (those who know me, know that Mr. Chocolate and I are very close, but with Lent coming up, who knows, I might have to dump him)
  • More balanced diet and watch portion sizes - cue Weightwatchers
Exercise (E)
  • Increasing my heart rate regularly
  • Walking more - taking the stairs instead of lifts
  • Exercising more (need to do this without joining a gym  - have done this too many times and found it to be a waste of money, as I never go)
  • Start running

Health inside and out (H)
  • Check cholestrol, blood pressure etc
  • Taking my multivitamins, particularly iron as I have low iron levels
  • Regularly seeing my dentist and optician (which I do anyway)
  • Getting enough hours sleep each night

Hair and Beauty (HB)
  • Looking after my hair, wrapping it at night, conditioning treatments
  • Looking after my skin, cleaning make up off at night (very poor at this one), using SPF (yes black people still need to use SPF)
  • Treating myself to the odd facial, massage, manicure and pedicure

Anything that I try that I think is worth reviewing I will post on here as well.

You guys think of anymore things to add?

3 comments:

  1. Get the hot stone treatment! Take your vitamins, especially the hair, skin, nails one. Teeth whitened if needed, drink the herbal teas (I forgot what a good one is), but green is good w/ honey.
    Just keep yourself well manicured from head to toe. And after the wedding, make sure you keep up your Esther regimen. Too often we wives stop the regimen of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me more about this hot stone treatment - have never heard of it, what are the benefits?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm blushing now because it feels soooooooooo good! Talk about INDULGENCE! Honeslty, there are no real benefits that I know of for this treatment. However, your muscles will be extra relaxed and your skin will be silky smooth like butter. They start at the neck. Of course the stones will be at the right temp or the desired temp you want. I highly encourage you to get it done (30 min package). So you can see for yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...