"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Happy Monday! Tension

Happy Monday! Tension

pulling-hair-out

Woosaa!!! Breathe Chichi breathe…

Who knew wedding planning could be so wahalious {is that even a word}!

You start to think you’re making progress, then something comes at you that just sends you two steps back.

Last week was a flurry of calls, internet searches, site visits and fabulous friends dropping me texts, tweets and calls about potential venues for our wedding reception. We must have contacted every large venue in Birmingham and Manchester {if you want the list, let me know!} and in the process discovered some places we didn't even know existed, which I'm sure will prove useful for future reference.

Mr E and I saw some pretty awful places last week. Awful I tell you. Awful! Places which you soon realised why they were still available when you went to view them. We also spoke to some places who seemed to think that they were the bees knees and wanted stupid prices. One venue we visited even decided to add an extra £1000 to the hire price when we said we didn’t need their bar!

Repeat after me: we.are.not.made.of.money.

We have our preferences but have been willing to be flexible if the right place comes along. Capacity, food options and price are key factors. Every venue has its pros and its cons and you won't get a place that has everything. Guest experience is also really important to us. We want people to come, be blessed and have a good time. We don't want to have to worry about lack of food, extra seating, Aunty and Uncle getting lost on route etc etc. But at the same time we have to realistic and practical.

My two favourite phrases of last week:

When asking if they had a room available for the 26th June.

This year?!

When asking about capacity?

Is it an Asian wedding?

Apparently people don’t look for venues three months before a wedding and the only people who have big weddings are Asians! Hmmm!

Don’t mind me…the great venue hunt is getting warmer…well hot actually. We may have found a hidden gem.

I have also finished designing the wedding monograms, invitations and the guest list is all complete. We will also be setting up our gift registry this week as well!

Anyway, I hope you’re all good and had great weekends.

Here’s to a productive week!

Signature

p.s. Congrats to Stacey over at Thoughts of an All Consumed Bride who got married last Friday. She and hubby are currently sunning themselves Down Under! Hope over to her blog and wish her some newlywed love!

11 comments:

  1. Well, sounds like it was all worth it...you found a place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah sometimes the cup is half empty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad ur venue search is almost closing in. I know how wedding planning is, crazzzzzzzzyyyy! (got married almost 4 months ago, lol).

    ps: the most important thing in wedding planning is you and ur husband's happiness. Just make sure u agree first and don't let family and friends take over...

    Yay for weddings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Good news!

    As for finding a venue in 3 months- that's practically impossible where I live. For my sisters wedding she had to book 7 months in advance lol.

    Nice blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get some good luck soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is well ChiChi. I am learning from your experience now and I hope I'd be able to put all these lessons to use when my time comes.
    Can't stop loling at

    When you asked if they have a room available for June 26th and they answered "This year?!"

    Absolute cracker! lol

    I'm sure you are having fun though :)

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  7. babe u will forget all this tension, the moment after 'you may kiss the bride' that phrase seems to melt all the tension away and u are set to enjoy the rest of your day.
    Well in yoruba i'll say
    'E ku ipalemo!'(In english...how do I translate this appropriately,..happy preparation!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha!!! The second question caught my eye. "Is it an Asian wedding?"

    I am Asian so i know what they mean. BIG WEDDINGS!!! like, your parents friends' friends woudl be invited...once you miss out someone, you are in trouble of being the 'talk of the town". heheh!

    But, i dont think i'd do the same on my wedding. I will have 50 people max. if i can have twenty, the better :)

    I keep enjoying your blog. Gives me a picture of how it is to really plan it :) God bless your preparations, Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww all the best dearie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I pray this hidden gem works out for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the best Chichi. Will keep you in my prayers. Remember the Lord is your strength.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...