"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Weekend Wedding Love – Daddy’s girl

Weekend Wedding Love – Daddy’s girl

Daddy's girl - Tunji Sarumi

I'm not really a daddy's girl but I am looking forward to my dad walking me down the aisle and giving me away.

We have a family friend who told me he dreads the day he will have to give his daughter away {he only has one}. Not because he doesn't want to see her get married but because he loves her very much and it will be such a big thing to let her go. He just wants to make sure she will looked after.

I often wonder what it must be like for a father {or mother} when the time comes for them to let go and give their daughter away to another man.

It must be tough.

{Photo - Tunji Sarumi}

6 comments:

  1. Aww such a cute post, I can imagine myself. I guess it feels like letting go, you know tough one for the dads especially the protective ones like my father.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's Tolumide. Nice chic. Can't wait for my daddy to give me out. He'll probably be saying something to make me laugh my head off as I'm walking down the aisle. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Letting go aint easy but u gat to go. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww this is sweet. My Mum walked me down the aisle, and she was so nervous..she really felt like it was a big duty...she did feel really honoured to be 'playing my Dad' for the day. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures just dey wan hurry me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet capture that photograph is!

    It's always a bittersweet moment. I think the lyrics of the song Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle captures the moment really well...the last verse always makes me tear up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...