"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Letting God choose…

Letting God choose…

Weekly word is where I share with you the lessons that God is teaching me in my life.

Hope you will be blessed.

weekly word

In Genesis 13 we are told of the story of how Abram and Lot decided to go their separate ways and Lot was given first option to chose the land.

“Lot looked round and saw that the whole Jordan Valley, all the way to Zoar, had plenty of water, like the Garden of the Lord.”

It continues in verse 12…

So Lot chose the whole Jordan Valley for himself and moved towards the East…and Lot settled among the cities in the valley and camped near Sodom, whose people were wicked and sinned against the Lord.

Lot’s choice of land was based on the external. He failed to see what was beneath the surface; wickedness and he lost everything because of it.

Abram on the other hand, let God chose for him. By letting God choose which direction I should take in a situation, I confidently acknowledge that I trust Him and that He is in control.

Our best course is always to let God choose and follow his direction, which can be difficult if like me, you like to be in control of situations. But I should always remember that God’s choices for me are prompted by infinite wisdom and love.

For many of you reading this, you might be trusting God for a husband or a wife right now. It can be easy to want to choose someone based on what you see on the ‘external’. Now this is not referring to the physical appearance but what we humans see with our own eyes. It can be especially hard when you don’t feel God is working quick enough, but God sees all things and His ways are not our ways – Isaiah 55:8.

However here are some things to remember {in any situation}…

Remember who God is.

He is our loving Father, our Provider, our Protector who constantly forgives. He loves us unconditionally and will continue to love us forever. He wants the very BEST for us.

Know that He has it covered.

  • For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future - Jeremiah 29:11.
  • And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose - Romans 8:28
  • The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delights in his way - Psalm 37:23

Patience is key in all of this.

Do not try to orchestrate things, pretending to let God choose {I am guilty of this}. God cannot be mocked and His timing is the best. You don’t want to miss out on what He for you, because you were looking in the wrong direction.

If you have already made choices today that you know are not God led, it is not too late to make a u-turn. God loves us and as we see in the story of the prodigal son, He will always welcome us back with open arms.

God gives His best to those who leave the choice to Him. Are you getting God’s best?

Signature

11 comments:

  1. this is really nice, its not easy to let God choose, but it always proves worth it in the end. I pray I get out of God's way and let him lead the way for me.

    and i'm a chichi too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chichi! Thanks for your comment and welcome to the blog. You're totally right. Whilst it is not easy and sometimes the grass looks greener, it is all worth it in the end when it's done God's way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He definitely has got it covered. Thanks Chichi...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really spoke to me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I admit I am also guilty of trying to orchestrate things and then pretending to let God choose.
    God knows whats best for us, if only we would let Him have it His way.

    Great post Chichi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww how HE loves me so. Yes its one of "those days" again when I'm just asking God "when, how and why?" and He once again never fails to answer me, so thanks Chichi for making yourself avilable to be used by Him. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Jaycee & Seun - thanks

    @Shona - couldn't agree more. Often we try to fool God, but He always has the upper hand

    @Anonymous - thank you for your comment. I'm so glad that you have been able to find answers to your questions. God does love us so much and sometimes we find what we're looking for in the unlikeliest of places.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this post. I really needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you so much for this God knows what i need and i am learning to trust Him, however hard that may b, your words bring such strength and comfort to my soul.

    I have made choices not pleasing to the Lord in the past. I hope to make better ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Thank you so much Chichi!! I totally appreciate it when people like you allow God to use you for His purpose.

    I totally Trust in Him and i know i will not be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...