"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Emotions + worry = me

Emotions + worry = me

We’re 30 days out and I can’t quite believe where the time has gone. I mean June is practically around the corner and there is still so much to do.

Recently I have been experiencing a wealth of emotions and feelings. From being totally excited and ‘go-go-go’ to weepy and sad. It’s weird. I’m not sad at all about anything. Maybe just a little tired and feeling swamped under the pressure and missing Mr E but not sad. But last week I burst into tears and couldn’t stop crying. I think everything just got to me.

Last week I also had my first and hopefully last Bridezilla moment and hated myself for it. What’s the matter with me! I always said I wouldn’t turn into that women. SB has already warned me that if I start to display any signs of psycho-ness she will be walking. It’s like I have this innate desire for everything to be perfect when deep inside I know it can’t be, putting unnecessary pressure on myself.

Another thing is that I’m finding myself worrying a lot.

I worry that too many extra people will turn up and we won’t have enough space. I worry that there is so much to do and not enough time. I worry that people won’t enjoy themselves. I worry that I won’t fit into my dress {I have been in denial on this for too long!}. I worry that as we get closer to the day I’m not going to be able to cope with all the things that need to get done AND go to work AND be effective. Ughh!

I know I shouldn't worry and Matthew 6:25-27 reminds me of this fact.

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

But it is hard.

Any advice?

July is going to be weird. Nothing to do. I’m kinda looking forward to it.

Signature

p.s. In other news, I got my exams results today. These are related to the professional qualifications I am currently doing. I took the exam on the 11th May but didn’t say anything to you guys for fear of failure and knowing in myself that I wasn’t as prepared as I wanted to be. But God in His mercy was ever faithful and I took home a score of 73%, comfortably passing. Thank you Jesus!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your exams!!! Have you thought about hiring a day of wedding coordinator? It might help ease the anxiety. I posted an add on craigslist looking for one who would work in exchange for professional photos from the wedding to add to their portfolio and I got a multitude of responses. The girl I picked is super sweet and reliable! Maybe you should try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, it's going to be perfectly fine! Don't forget to stay close to your support network be it hubby/mum/sister/girlfriends. It is well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on passing your exams Chichi.
    I know wedding preparation can be very stressful but from your previous posts it seems like you have a number of people helping you or ready to help you, so try to ask for help here and there so that it does not become too much for you.
    Trust God and cast your worries on Him, He won't let you own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for your exam score!

    You are so close now. Everyone is entitled to a little freak out or two. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...