"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Weekly word: Worry

Weekly word: Worry

weekly word 

Following on from my earlier post…I’ve been thinking about what the word teaches us on worrying because obviously God does not want me to worry or have a spirit of fear, but to trust Him, knowing that everything will be okay. I do not want to be a faithless Christian as ‘faith does not live in the house of certainty’.

Worry is derived from the German word “WURGEN” meaning to choke or strangle…everything that does not come from faith is sin. Romans 14:23

Worry is the sin of distrusting the promises and power of God.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV

Do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Matthew 6:25

Stop the strangle-hold of worry…

1) I will do what God asks me to do.

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. James 1:22

Think on the right things. Do what is wise.

2) I will give God what I cannot do.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

I will do what God asks me to do. I will give God what I cannot do.

3) No matter what happens I will trust God.

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself... Matthew 6:33-34

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

I will do what God asks me to do. I will give God what I cannot do. No matter what happens, I will trust God.

What is your biggest worry? What is God asking you to do about your biggest worry?

How can you practically and spiritually cast your cares and worries on God? {You might discuss a scriptural promise that speaks directly to your worry.}

Read Proverbs 3:5-6. How can you apply that verse to your greatest worries?

Source {Lifechurch.tv via You Version }

Signature

5 comments:

  1. Awwww Chichi thank you so much for this word. I guess its true what His word says...God's timing is PERFECT! This honestly couldn't have come at a better time. I can hear God right now saying "See,I told you!" Lol.
    Lord you are awesome and Chichi you are blessed. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this... so refreshing. "Worry is the sin of distrusting the promises and power of God."

    Didnt know its a sin... of not trusting God. Yes o, we must stop that grip of worry in our lives.

    Thanks for sharing Chichi. You are a blessing.

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worry, worry, worry.

    God has not given me the spirit of fear, but of a sound mind. Thanks for this reminder Chichi. I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect timing for dis word...i woke up this morning worried!!!!
    No matter what happens i will trust God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is the word i needed for today...thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...