"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Happy Monday! Showers, invites and guest bloggers

Happy Monday! Showers, invites and guest bloggers

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

The weather here in England right now is HOT HOT HOT! If it continues, I can’t imagine what it will be like next month for the wedding!

This weekend the lovely ladies at my old church, threw me a Bridal Shower, which was so lovely. It was held at my friend/wedding coordinator’s house Alex, {who was a wonderful host btw}. I will talk more about it in another post, but I had a really great afternoon, seeing all my old church friends and they gave me lots of great advice and tips. Thank you women of Calvary International Church.

Our invitations are finally out and RSVPs are starting to roll in already! Yes – after 24 hours!  Oh the wonders of technology and super-efficient guests! It’s all about online RSVP folks.

I also chose my bolero and it is being shipped this week. You will have to wait until the big day to see which one I decided on!

Guest Poster

I would like to re-introduce to you my friend, Mrs O.

You might remember her from the Real Wedding feature I did a couple of months back. She is going to be helping me with blogging duties running up to the wedding.

Being a recent bride herself she is going to bring tips, advice and discussion about planning your wedding and life ‘on the other side’. Hope you enjoy her posts here, every Monday.

20147_694252261353_61207116_42927923_8313169_n

For the rest of the week, I will be…

- telling you all about my lovely Bridal Shower

- talking about cultural differences

- showing you the invites themselves

- answering a reader question about partner vs family

and keeping you up to date with all the wedding planning shenanigans.

I will leave you with a teaser picture from Saturday, which is of my lovely cake made by Pastor’s wife. It even had our wedding monogram on it and was very tasty {even though I probably shouldn’t be eating cake right now}!

Have a great week all!

Bridal Shower cake

p.s. Congratulations to Cupcake Wedding, who got married this weekend!

32 days and counting!!!!

Signature

6 comments:

  1. I'm liking the introduction huni and am happy to share some of your delicious cake as well as blogging!

    xxx : )P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is just so cool. Looking forward to reading about cultural differences since my hubby is Yoruba and I'm Urhobo :-) (I see your hubby-to-be is calabar, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jaycee - Thanks. We're both actually Igbo but one of us has grown up entirely in Nigeria and the other in the UK. So it more of those cultural differences, rather than inter-tribe. But I would love to hear how you and your husband merged your two cultures together to form your home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So i've seen the invite live (couldnt wait to open the envelope!) and its absolutely gorgeous. Soooo creative and unique - amazing. All the detila anyone could ever possibly need for getting to your wedding too. GREAT JOB girl! im very honoured to have been invited and will be sending in my RSVP soon. Well done again and thank God for His perfect timing. 26th of June, bring it on!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @SeunSho - Aww thanks girl! It's so nice to finally have them out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...