"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Destiny

Destiny

Last Friday following my post on 'A different path', one of my lovely readers Seun Sho asked an interesting question in comments…

I do wonder though, do you think a different path would still have led you to Mr E. Is it not destiny? I've been involved in lots of conversations about this and still don't know the answer or whether there is one, for that matter. So I don't suggest you know the answer either, just an interesting thought.

Her comment got me thinking.

Do we all each have a specific destiny in life which God has for us? I believe so, yes.

Will we still achieve it if we choose different paths in life?

Let’s discuss.

I will do a follow up post next week.

Signature

2 comments:

  1. I believe that God's plans are sovereign. So, whether you didnt take the same path, you'd still end up together.

    However, not taking the path that God originally designed for you has consequences. the wait may be longer and there mught be some unnecessary pain along the way.

    bottomline is, God's destined plan for you prevails...no matter how many stop overs you take. But do you really want to have so many stop overs? hehehe...:) As what is written in Samuel (cant remember the exact verse) "To obey is better than sacrifice."

    love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks for putting this up Chi. I am encouraged by Jabez's response too. God is all-knowing and I believe that He will ensure His will concerning his children comes to pass, as we commit these things to him.
    I think about people who lose their husband/wife after being in a great marriage and find love with another person afterwards. So which one is 'the one'? Perhaps, each one has been designed to be the companion to that person for the different seasons of life? It's all interesting stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...