"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Weekend Wedding Love – Looking pretty

Weekend Wedding Love – Looking pretty

looking pretty - jide

"On your wedding day you should look like yourself at your most beautiful." ~ Bobbi Brown

The bible tells that Esther spent 12 months making herself look beautiful for the King. Now while I won’t be dousing myself in myrrh, I will be spending the next 8 weeks focusing on ‘being my most beautiful’.

Presently I am…

- taking vitamins which include: ‘hair, skin and nails’ and Omega 3 Fish Oils which I hear is good for your skin

- drinking lots of water

- cleaning my make up off at night {should be a given, but I am very lazy and don’t do it every night}. Also not a big fan of facials since I had a major allergic reaction last year, so tend to do my own stuff at home.

- conditioning treatments on my hair every fortnight

- weekly manicures at home

Now I recognise I need to start exercising. So I will be getting my running shoes out.

I’m also practicing wearing contact lenses as I don’t want to have to wear glasses on the big day.

Any other useful things I can be doing over the next two months?

Photo {Jide Alakija}

5 comments:

  1. I love the quote about looking most beautiful and being 'oneself'. Many throw away their 'naturalness' (that awesome look) in exchange for sculpture's via extreme make overs on their wedding day.

    lol at you getting ur running shoes back on. haha. Its a very good idea for that awesome day *wink* hahah

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to sleep as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with the Bobbi Brown quote. I want to look exactly like me, just with a bit of polish.

    Chichi's suggestion of getting enough rest is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, I was just discussing along the linesof that quote the other day with someone. Isn't it abit "false" when you are too extreme on your wedding day when in fact you never looked like that prior and you won't post wedding

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...