"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Words of hope and future

Words of hope and future

weekly word

 

 

 

 

I found  this on You Version, the online interactive bible and I found it really encouraging. Hope you do too.

I've collected some verses to build a life upon. Here goes:

God is all I need in all things: "My loving kindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, My shield and the One in whom I take refuge, Who subdues my people under me." - [Ps. 144:2]

Sometimes I can't see how the things I'm facing can ever be considered a good thing: "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." - [Rom. 8:28]

And sometimes life presents me with insurmountable challenges: "Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us." - [Rom. 8:37]

I know that nothing I face is bigger than Jesus, the one who gave His life for me and now lives His life inside of me: "Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth," - [Phil. 2:9-10]

When I doubt whether or not I can step up to the challenge I'm presented with, -or I doubt the whether or not what I desire is the right thing for me: "for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." - [Phil. 2:13]

I know that nothing else compares to the Creator of the universe, my Father: "What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" - [Rom. 8:31]

And thank God that my freedom and salvation was not bought with things that lose it's value over time, but with the eternally priceless blood of His Son. "knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot." - [1. Pet. 1:18-19]

God already gave me everything through His Sons death. "He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?" - [Rom. 8:32]

The base of every other promise made to me by God, the gospel in two verses: I'm dead, Christ lives in me, He lives through me, He created me all anew and it's all through the grace of God. Jesus did not pay the highest price possible out of ignorance, but out of necessity.

Nothing I can ever manage to do will ever measure up, it's all through Christ. "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain." - [Gal. 2:20-21]

What I'm left with at the end of each day, God's heart towards me each morning and His promise to me: "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you." - [Jer. 29:11]

Yeah, life is good.

Though the price for all this was my own ‘death’, I now realize that the life I led before was no life.

Not really.

Happy Friday!

Signature

4 comments:

  1. This was inspiring.. thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a nice weekend dear and I really enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorites:

    "Sometimes I can't see how the things I'm facing can ever be considered a good thing: "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." - [Rom. 8:28]

    And thank God that my freedom and salvation was not bought with things that lose it's value over time, but with the eternally priceless blood of His Son. "knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot." - [1. Pet. 1:18-19]"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! These are indeed words of hope and future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...