"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Friday Finds: Helping single friends, Facebook loneliness + building trust

Friday Finds: Helping single friends, Facebook loneliness + building trust

friday finds

This week has been one of those weeks.

I’ve been extremely busy hence the lack of posts, however I do have some great finds that I came across this week.

1. Since getting married I have seen my friendships with my single friends change. Some have evolved positively whilst others have fizzled out. Often I wonder if there is anything more I can be doing for my single friends that will support and encourage them rather than patronise. How can married women help single women is a really interesting article, written by a single women which gives some very useful and practical tips on how to do this.

2. Trust is something which takes time to build but can be destroyed in an instant. Read here How to Build (or rebuild) trust.

3. Do you think the likes of Facebook and Twitter remove the need for people to converse less in person? Face to Face over at Boundless talks about how the increase in technology can contribute to loneliness. A recent study concluded that “The greater the proportion of face-to-face interactions, the less lonely you are,” and  “The greater the proportion of online interactions, the lonelier you are.” What do you think?

Finally, if you like ebooks and also like a bargain the annual simplify your family life sale is back.

syfl-468

You can purchase 35+ ebooks worth $375 for only $29 across the following topics:

Entrepreneurship and Blogging

Food and Cooking

Homemaking

Marriage and Relationships

Minimalism for families

Parenting and Kids

I have some of the books already {Tell Your Time by Amy @ Blogging with Amy, One Bite at a Time by Tsh @ Simple Mom and A Simple Marriage by Corey @ Simple Marriage } and have found them really good. The sale ends today so check it out if you’re interested. Thanks Aloted for letting me know!

Hope you enjoy these finds – have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the presence of facebook, twitter and not to forget the almighty blackberry messenger makes people less inclined to arrange face to face meet ups. These forms of communication gives you the false feeling that you have already kept in touch with people and there is no need to see them.... very dangerous! LOL I think it is even impairing my interactive skills with people..

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting friday finds! thanks for sharing.now off to check them out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...