"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Reflections…Two months

Reflections…Two months

It only seems fitting to start the recaps with a mini-anniversary celebration.

Last weekend marked two months.

My, how time flies.

Wedding - Jide Alakija  

Last weekend also marked our official relocation down south and the start of our new lives together.

We have our own place – yay!

Moving house is tough people. Thank God for the Bank Holiday weekend!

Not only is there the physical strain of packing, moving boxes and cleaning but there is also the emotional strain of closing up one part of your life to enter another. I tried my hardest to be ruthless and throw out or donate things I definitely no longer needed because I really wanted a fresh start and did not want to bring loads of unnecessary junk into our new home. I succeeded somewhat, but over the next couple of weeks I will continue to declutter. Ebay here I come!

We totally thank God you know because everything about the move went really smoothly. We received favour on so many levels and know it can only be God who helped us. The place we found is within budget and ticks all the boxes in terms of what we were looking for, but it is a lot smaller than the last place but hey that’s the South for you.

We’re currently settling into our new abode, working out new routines, ordering furniture and such like. All is good in the hood and I finally feel life moving to a level playing field. Marriage is good. Our next task is to find a church and we’re praying for direction in this area. God has done it once, so we know he can do it again. 

Internet will be up and running in a week or so and I can get back to blogging regularly again and commenting on all your lovely blogs.

Lots of lovely recaps posts coming up…x

{Photo – Jide Alakija}

Signature

5 comments:

  1. This is great! May the sound of laughter never seize from your home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving is never easy! But I am glad that all has been going well. My my time moves fast I cannot believe it is already 2 months since your wedding.

    All the best with the search for a new church. God is faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for you and your hubby, I know the stress of moving and all that stuff, may God direct you to find the right church.Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To God be the glory; great things He has done. He will continue to grant you both favour in all your future endeavours. You will get a church that'd be a family to you in Jesus' name.

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the continued support guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...