"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Reflections...Vows

Reflections...Vows

Reflections...Vows

We originally decided to write our own vows which were going to be sat alongside the traditional ones.

For whatever reason it became something on the 'to do' list which never got done and a week before the wedding, we decided to leave it.

We both regret this slightly as we would have loved to have personalised this aspect of the day.

What we did manage to do though was send a little message to ourselves without the other seeing, which our Videographer took and we will see on the finish video {which we are STILL waiting for!}. Looking forward to seeing what Mr E said to me! :)

Reflections...VowsReflections...Vows

I came across this today, in my daily read and it brought me close to tears.

It made me wish we wrote our vows.

Did you write your own vows?

Reflections...Vows 
{All Images – Alakija & Co}

fromnowtillido Signature

7 comments:

  1. Yay first!
    I just knew you had read Biaca's post...I read your comment too, lol.
    Before I even read the part about you and hubs doing a personalised video to each other, I was going to suggest that you both have a private ceremony. Ok so yeah you won't say these vows in front of the hundreds of people who were present at the church ceremony but you have yourselves and God and thats all that really matters. In my opinion it makes it even more special and intimate, just between the three of you. (The whole point of having witnesse's present at the saying of vows is for accountability purposes, nothing more)
    There really is nothing for you to regret Chichi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niki - that is a really cool idea. I was thinking of maybe writing a letter, detailing my 'renewed' vows to him, but a private ceremony is so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am so grabbing a pen and a paper right now...I need to start writing my vows...been on my to-do list forever....

    The lady from the link looks familiar......>>>>Jasminestar sister....awesome!!!!

    Thanks dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bishop who officiated was so strict. We had the personalized vows ingrained in the trad within our programme but he insisted on reading from the Anglican BCP. But our first anniversary remedied that, we had a private ceremony, with vows we made up entirely ourselves. It was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok i hvae to comment. i discovered your blog yesterday and am hooked. i intend to read every single article from day one. thank god for the long 9ja hols. i used one of your pics for my facebook profile pic. hope you dont mind? this blog is rich and your wedding pics are beautiful. congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your photos are so amazing. And you are the most beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Mrs T - thanks! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...