"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Reflections…The Dress

Reflections…The Dress

My wedding dress was and still is the most expensive piece of clothing I own!

Reflections...The Dress

Meet Harriet… I remember seeing her and my first immediate thought was…princess! I never thought I would have chosen a princess-type dress but after trying it on, it was just beautiful. Prior to seeing her, I had my heart set on another dress but saw Harriet just in time.

The bridal shop where I had been courting  the previous dress, had been so lovely to me and my girls, I went back to order Harriet from them, even though they didn’t have it in their store collection.

Tip: A good sales assistant makes the whole experience more memorable. If they are rude, just leave. They don’t deserve your business.

Vendor: Sense and Sensibility, Stockport, Manchester. I have nothing but good things to say about S&S. They are genuinely a great team of girls there who provided a great service to me, right up until the big day.

Reflections...The DressReflections...The DressReflections...The DressReflections...The DressReflections...The Dress

Reflections...The Dress 

Here you can see my bolero

Reflections...The Dress

My Accessories…

I was gifted a beautiful side tiara from my Maid of Honour SB, which I wore alongside my veil. 

Reflections...The Dress

I went back and forth about how to do my hair, from a weave to extension pieces, but in the end I decided to go au-natural, which I’m really glad about on reflection.

Reflections...The Dress   Reflections...The Dress

I also wore purple shoes… Reflections...The Dress

Which you can just about see here…Reflections...The Dress

The week of the wedding I had also planned to get my nails and feet done {amongst other things}, but due to different things that went down, I had to cancel the appointments, re-arrange and cancel again. Very disappointed about that!

I ended up having to paint my nails on the day, which wasn’t ideal. Ladies…if you can protect those ‘me-time’ appointments, they will be a sanctuary from all the madness!

Overall – very happy with my look and received lots of beautiful compliments on the day.

{All images - Alakija & Co}

Signature

16 comments:

  1. Lol. You called her Harriet! Did I say you were the most beautiful bride?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wedding dress you were a stunning bride Chichi.
    I think for my wedding I would go for the princess style dress. Have always liked that style - but who knows could change my mind along the way.
    Your tiara ...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful dress...and I love ur tiara...
    Hair: natural? never even crossed my mind...the way urs turned out, doesn't look like a bad idea @ all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the natural hair idea actually - beautiful simplicity!

    Something I have always wondered about is dress storage! I hate hoarding and always chuck out stuff I know I'll never wear again but then this is THE DRESS!I assume there will be some level of emotional attachment to the dress esp as it has a name! Seriously though,how much space is ur dress taking up?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your SO pretty Chichi like oh my gosh!
    Jaycee took the words right outta my mouth...you named your dress Harriet? Like seriously out of all the names out there...Harriet? Lol.
    Love the shoes and the tiara...you were a beautiful bride (and still are, two months wasn't that long ago).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely! You're a gorgeous woman, Chichi and you have such a beautiful smile!

    I have worn a weave once, for less than a week, and I can't imagine adding extensions or the like for my special day...I want to look like myself, just better and the less muss, the better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You looked gorgeous! I love your accessories, especially the purple shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your lovely comments.

    @Jaycee/Niki - Lol! Harriet is the name given to her by Maggie Sottero, the designer.

    @H - my hair was 'relaxed' natural. So my own hair but without any extensions or pieces.

    @SeunSho - it's funny you mention about the dress. It's currently still in Manchester at my wedding planner's house. I need to collect it from her, but it does take up room. Pre-wedding it was treated like a china doll, post-wedding I'm a lot more relaxed with it. I'm looking to sell it before the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yey - bring on the reflections! : )

    You looked great on the day Chichi...you had me bawling as I saw you. Honestly, you looked radiant!

    The dress was really lovely on and suited your figure perfectly...you and Harriet look pretty good together!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful dress for a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very lovely dress...u wore it well...and purple shoes? that's a first for me, but they look really lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful dress - and you looked beautiful in it. Loving your purple shoes too!

    You are so right about rude shop assistants not deserving your money. Why do rude people work in wedding stores?

    ReplyDelete
  13. even though its a little late..lovely and i love the fact your shoe was purple. i had a white and read wedding gown...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Purpleicious Babe (DOZ)26 March 2011 at 16:47

    Awwwww You look great... God will continue to bless your union and grant all your heart desires....

    Weddings are simply great when you are very happy and content...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Once again, beautiful dress...beautiful bride. Looks like something you read out of a book :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...