"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Reflections: Boys + Girls

Reflections: Boys + Girls

We had a pretty large bridal party. However, it was just too hard trying to decide who should and shouldn’t be included so we took a view and set a limit.

Working with such a large group of people, based in different countries was not always easy and communication was key. We can’t thank our best man and maid of honour for the fantastic organisational skills they possessed in pulling everything together!

Reflections: Boys + GirlsReflections: Boys + Girls

The boys hired navy suits from Slaters and since I’m not a fan of flowers, you will notice no boutonnieres, as I thought they were a complete waste on money and didn’t add to anything.

When looking at bridesmaid dresses in the initial search stages, I soon discovered how overpriced they were, so I decided to source my own fabric and get a local seamstress to make them instead. My sister and I went back and forth with the design and in the end agreed on a strapless, fishtail dress.

The whole dress worked out around £60 and Obi the girl who made them was fantastic. She was super patient and even with one of my bridesmaids arriving from overseas on the Thursday before the wedding, she had her dress ready, fitted and completed in 24 hours! She even made alterations to my traditional attire from Nigeria as well.

Tip: It’s often cheaper to buy your own fabric and get dresses made to measure. Ask around for reputable seamstresses.

 Reflections: Boys + GirlsReflections: Boys + GirlsReflections: Boys + Girls

Reflections: Boys + GirlsReflections: Boys + Girls

We had a rehearsal the day before and that was the first time everyone got to meet everyone else.

At the church…they walked down the aisle and the girls curtsied, while the men bowed, before taking their places.

Reflections: Boys + GirlsReflections: Boys + Girls 

Unbeknown to us, Jide went round and took individual snaps of all our bridal party! SB is missing as she was leading worship and the best man is also not there. I guess duty called!

The girls… My sister sourced matching headbands for them all!

 Reflections: Boys + GirlsReflections: Boys + GirlsReflections: Boys + GirlsReflections: Boys + Girls Reflections: Boys + Girls Reflections: Boys + Girls

The Boys…Don’t they look dappa!
Reflections: Boys + Girls Reflections: Boys + Girls Reflections: Boys + Girls Reflections: Boys + Girls Reflections: Boys + Girls Reflections: Boys + Girls

Two weeks before the wedding, my sister got all the bridesmaid together for a lunch, where roles and responsibilities were assigned. This was really important because it ensured that everyone had a clear idea of what they were doing on the day and there was no confusion.

Tip: Assign roles to people, so that things don’t get missed and jobs are spread evenly.

Reflections: Boys + Girls Reflections: Boys + Girls   

All together now…Reflections - Boys + Girls

All images {Alakija & Co}

fromnowtillido Signature

10 comments:

  1. So so lovely! Awww...me likey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome bridesmaid dresses and I ADORE those headbands - really finishes it off. Our guys didn't have flowers either - totally agree they are a waste of money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very insightful Chichi.
    The braidsmaids dresses are fab.
    Pics look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely bridal party ! kudos to your seamstress for making such pretty dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so can't get over this colour. It was beautiful xxx The team looked positively stunning! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bridesmaid dresses and the colors of the tie. Everyone looked amazing together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What material did you use for the bridesmaids' dresses? I loveeeee it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...