"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Excess Baggage

Excess Baggage

Right now I am a bit of bag lady.

I carry my handbag which is about as big and as heavy as a small rock {but has everything I need it in and more}, my laptop bag for work and a shoe/lunch bag or 'shunch' as I call it.

What is a shunch bag you ask? Well let me explain. I am a bit of a power walker and often I tend to leave an imprint of life where ever I go, often finding I have to reheel my shoes quite frequently. So in an attempt to protect my shoes, I either wear trainers or flats to do the daily commute and carry my work shoes. At the same time I also take my lunch from home and together they sit in the shunch bag.

Now carrying three bags isn't all that fun. Not only is it heavy, but it can start to become impractical. Have you ever tried to sit on a train with three bags on your lap! It's not fun for the person next to you, trust me!

In life we often carry about excess baggage. Extra baggage from our past lives, past regrets, past mistakes and failures. It weighs us down, it takes unnecessary space in our life and it is uncomfortable.

But we don't have to you know.
'Cast all your cares onto me', says the Lord. {1 Peter 5:7}
'Go, your past is forgiven'. {Matthew 9:2}
Isn't it good to know that you can let go off all your excess baggage. Your past IS forgiven. God has taken care of it.

You are set free.

Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

{Picture source}

Valentines Day is less than a week away - don’t forget to
share your stories of love!

3 comments:

  1. It is awesome!! There is no other like God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooooo feel you. I carry the literal and emotional excess luggage. While I don't carry a bag for my lunch/shoes, I do carry a huge hand bag, a laptop bag, and a lot of times, a big bible bag. My bible is heavy. My hand bag is heavy. My laptop is heavy. There's got to be an easier way. And everyday i think about those mistakes I made, opportunities I missed, chances I didn't take, sins I committed, and I just can't help being mad at myself. Wonder how mad God is at me. I know I'm forgiven. But sometimes, I don't know if I'm forgiven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Shona - True True

    @ Vera I feel the same. Sometimes I think that we can be a lot harder on ourselves that God is. He forgives us and his grace is never ending, but at times we continue to beat ourselves up about issues.

    I guess it has to be a constant reminder to 'just let it go'!

    p.s. I don't think I have said thank you for linking my site to your blog - really appreciate it! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...