"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Happy Monday! Working on the wedding

Happy Monday! Working on the wedding

The weekend is over already! Hope you had a good one!

This weekend I spent some time working on our wedding invitations. I started them about 8 months ago and they truly are a labour of love. They are being designed in Photoshop, which for a Publisher girl is tough! But I want to challenge myself and use a ‘proper’ software, as my dad would say and I am definitely learning lots. All the artwork has come from iStock and I plan to use the same ‘theme’ throughout all the printed material. Once they leave to go out to guests, I will post on here so you can see the design.

My next design project is the programs. Anyone who is familiar with Photoshop, your advice here would be most welcome. Is this the best software to design it in? There will be several pages with a mixture of text and images. Publisher is calling me! Not sure which route is the best to take.

On a separate note, our Certificate of Approval arrived last week from the Home Office. I briefly wrote about it in an earlier post and back in November we took the decision to apply for one, seeing as it was free and it would potentially widen our options with churches in case when we finalised our new date, our original church was not available.

Look out for Getting Married 101 {UK Edition} Part Deux, which will explain all. You can read Part One here.

 Valentines Day is only a week away - don’t forget to share your stories of love!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting your Certificate of Approval.
    All the best in working on your wedding. What are your wedding colors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shona, thanks! Took over 9 weeks to come but so glad it's here now.

    Our colour is purple, haven't totally decided on the second colour yet but the main colour running through everything will be purple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. for photoshop, layers are your best friend. Why aren't you contracting it out? I'm sure you can find affordable designers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Chichi I thought about it and actually spoke to a couple of people. But in the end decided to do it myself. I realised that my design skills are okay to do my own wedding stationery and I can spend as much or as little time on them as I like. Plus I'm learning how to use Photoshop, which has always been a goal of mine.

    From a cost perspective, my dad is a printer so I design, he prints for free!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol well you have it made in that case :)
    I love the work of Brown Sugar Design http://bsdstudio.com/
    I don't know if they will sell you trade secrets but it couldn't hurt to contact them =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm more of a MS publisher person. Just recently uploaded photoshop and taking online tutorials. I would go with the software you're more comfortable with. Both will give great results.

    Congrats on your cert. Of Approval

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on getting the COA! Are you serious, it's now free? When I was getting married in 2005 it wasn't free and it took months to arrive! In fact we had to keep planning the wedding in faith :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Favoured Girl! I definitely feel you on that one. Ours took 9 weeks to come. The Home Office advertise 20-70 days. Yeah right! I've never known the Home Office to work within their SLA.

    Cost wise it's free now. I think there was some High Court ruling which said that it was against human rights to charge for it. You might be entitled to a refund if you paid for it, have you checked out the UKBA website?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...