"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Forget the former things

Forget the former things

seed-germination

Can you remember at school when your teacher gave you a packet of seeds and told you to go home and plant them. A couple of weeks of faithful watering and it appeared as if nothing was happening but beneath the surface a lot was happening, After a while you start to see some green shoots of life.


When faced with a difficult situation it can be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. You ask yourself 'will this ever end'  but we need to look for the green shoots, which tell us that something is happening. 


“Watch for the new thing I am going to do. It is happening already – you can see it now! I will make a road through the wilderness and give you streams of water there.


Even the wild animals will honour me; jackals and ostriches will praise me when I make rivers flow in the desert to give water to my chosen people”.
Isaiah 43:19-20

I really like this verse as it serves as a reminder that God is constantly working in my life, particularly when I am going though a tough situation. It reminds me not to dwell on past victories and even past mistakes, but to look forward at the new things that lie ahead.

What tough situations have you started to see 'green shoots'?


{Picture source}

3 comments:

  1. God will always make a way.

    Thanks for sharing the bible verse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For most of last year I was asking God to help me with something. For months nothing happened and I got to a point where I almost gave up. Thank God I kept holding on and looking unto him for results. In December I began to see green shoots sprouting and now wow God is working in an amazing way.

    I agree Isaiah 43:19-20 is a powerful verse - it it always inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know my post... "It is a Bend, not an End" That post practically's about my situation. I am facing a situation that appeared as if an end has come to my dream of becoming a professor. Everything appeared bleak and tight but I've seen a shot of that seed now. My smile is back. It's just a bend. Halleluyah!

    Thanks for sharing, (i've been meaning to ask for your real name). God is doing a new thing and it's springing forth. God bless you :)

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...